MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, MG TF 1.6 116 owner.
Lately I've experiencing a steering issue on my MG TF. What happens is that when I steer in one direction and then steer back to go straight, the car for a fraction of second keeps steering, it swerves. For example if I steer to the left and then steer back, for one second the car keeps going left when the steering wheel is straight.
Taken to car repair and they can't find the issue. They've put it on a hoist and tried everything. Every part seems ok: wheel, suspensions, arms, bolts, convergence. They tried to bend every part but everything seems ok. They even put it on a hoists that moves the wheels, to fake steering and stress it. No luck.
Does any of you had the same problem? Or have any clue?
Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

·
Registered
mg_tf
35 Posts
I have read that the power steering sensor can have a similar effect to what you describe. I'd search this forum for power steering issues. There is, as I remember a procedure where you adjust the electronic box of tricks under the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that the power steering sensor can have a similar effect to what you describe. I'd search this forum for power steering issues. There is, as I remember a procedure where you adjust the electronic box of tricks under the dash.
Thank you very much. I'll search for that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DagDigg

Try this link Self Steering? EPAS Reset

I've reset a couple F's but never had to do it on a TF
yup already told to te car repair the procedure. Hope that’s the cause 🤞
Then I will have to solve another problematic one. Basically it struggles to accelerate, it’s like it “hiccup”, like if i’m accelerating and releasing the pedal. Sometimes it does really hard, like like im fast accelerating and then breaking. But i’m not. If I accelerate fast, the Engine emission yellow warning starts to blink, and if I slow down it goes away in like 30 secs.. do you have any clue? The car repair wasn’t able to plug the mg to the pc because it wasn’t recognized, so I guess I have to check another one. Thank you very much

·
Registered
981 Posts
It could be any number of issues (fuel, ignition, air). Best investment I ever made was in a pscan reader (car is a 1998 VVC); it is not perfect but it can give you a clue as to what is wrong. In my instance, I got no logged faults so I started to replace the sensors / IACV, but still had the problem. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that the fuel pressure was 2.5 bar (the adjustment nut was loose; it should be 3.0 bar). Reset the adjustable fuel pressure regulator to 3.0 bar. It seems to have done the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be any number of issues (fuel, ignition, air). Best investment I ever made was in a pscan reader (car is a 1998 VVC); it is not perfect but it can give you a clue as to what is wrong. In my instance, I got no logged faults so I started to replace the sensors / IACV, but still had the problem. A couple of weeks ago I discovered that the fuel pressure was 2.5 bar (the adjustment nut was loose; it should be 3.0 bar). Reset the adjustable fuel pressure regulator to 3.0 bar. It seems to have done the trick.
I wil definetly keep it in mind and check it. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts