MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Thank you @Roverlike it's now much clearer.
But I'm not that imaginative a man as to think similar steering wheels have been fitted with different controls switch with different values without any distinctive mark to help recognizing which was which!
It's utterly crazy...
But on the other hand I'm not that keen to begin a collection of Rover steering wheel switches unless I'm thinking of opening a shop! :hysteria:

So I'm relieved to know that PC99-X32 was the right adapter. It's true that before fitting it I'd had no return at all.
I've indeed never ever suspected you to give me a wrong advice, who gave me so many right ones since 3 years that were soooo helpful!
But you know I'm not that bright in electricity, mechanics & so on, so that odd result I'd got was for me a deep mystery.
Anyway as I'd told you before & recently, I can live happy with that, so much so that my lovely lassie doesn't want to bother with controls or any electronic thingy either for she is always hearing the same channel at the same tune! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
One more info

BTW do you mean that rover 25 & rover 45 steering wheels cum controls are fully interchangeable?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Mystery deepening again

@Roverlike you told us that Rover 45 steering wheel switches were to be likely the most accurate to activate all the radio functions.

I've just had a close look at Rimmers and here are the results:

Rover 25
to 2003 switch ref. YUH100120
from 2003 switch ref. YUH100770PMP

Rover 45
from 1998 switch ref. YUH100200 (with cruise control)
from 1998 switch ref. YUH100120 (no cruise control)
from 2000 switch ref. YUH100770PMP (CD autochanger no cruise control)

So either Rover 25 or Rover 45 steering wheels have exactly the same switches if you haven't any cruise control!

Hence what is the solution?
I can easily deduce that if Rover 25 switches do not give fully working radio functions, the issue will be identical with Rover 45 switches!
And I guess that @jensden51 and myself we may have the same switches YUH100120.
Am I wrong?

Last question: could the YUH100770PMP be the right one?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Roverlike, It seems I have been confusing connectors, sorry about that, I would like to use radio XQE 100 308 with BMW 17 pin connector if possible, the rover 45 wheel is a new one from Rimmer Bros with radio control fitted.
Thanks
Dennis.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,451 Posts
@Dorchester of course that R25 and R45 steering controls are interchangeable, but you already found out that.
In first you and jensden51 had the same steering controls. But then jensden51 bought R45 wheel with another set of controls.
Yes YUH100770PMP is the version with higher resistance. However I cannot guarantee that version of steering controls will work with every new version of head units.
@jensden51 When I am back home from work in the evening I will try to upload pictures and explanations how to proceed.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,451 Posts
Ok, so you should get module YWQ100031. This module converts audio controls resistance to K-bus signal expected from Blaupukt CD43 XQE100380 radio head unit.

This module has only one connector.

Pinout on the connector:
PIN 1 - Switched 12V power (best the same from radio HU)

PIN 2 - White wire from steering wheel controls

PIN 3 - Output from module to K-bus

PIN 5 - Pink wire from steering wheel controls

PIN 6 - Ground connection (best the same from radio HU)

You need to remove White and Pinks wires from pins 10 and 17 feom BMW-17 connector and put them on above module. From above module you need to connect pin 3 to PIN 7 on the BMW-17 connector.

Module you can buy new or second hand. However you also need connector with it. Same connector you can find on switches from R25 mk2 and R45 mk2 on the dashboard switches for hazard, aircon, fogs, A/C and air recirculation. Same connector you have on R75 - switch for hazard and door lock. Connector is YPC115290.
On scrapyard this module can be found on R45 if had steering wheel controls fitted in the central console, just below readio head unit. Also it can be found in R75 just behined radio head unit.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Roverlike, I got the module (used) complete with plug and short wires, temporary connected as your instructions and yes it works, so will connect permanently with soldered joints, thank you.
Regards
Dennis.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts