MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a stainless backbox for my 218iS but i dont know which one to go for. Does anyone else have one or know which company makes them? I was recommended a Magnex but it doesnt look like they make them for the iS. Im not looking for any sound or performance increases as its quick and loud enough (at motorway speeds) already. Its mainly for cosmetic purposes.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
janspeed do them, as do xpower, loads of companies do justback boxes, but very few do full systems.

Col

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
with a backbox alone you wont get much performance increase anyway as much as exhaust manufacturers claim, your obviously after a quiet exhaust so trip to Powerflow would be ideal, they can build you a backbox to how loud you want and choices of tailpipes. Plus their stainless steel come with lifetime warranty as long as you own the car, Peco Backboxes are pretty good, mate had one on his car, didnt make much noise at all when sat inside car, just had a nice subtle sporty sound.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i have just had a 2ltr turbo put in my is and ive have to change the exhaust.
so if you wanna buy my stainless full system plus decat that be good.
It is in very good condition only had it since february and it has a single round 3 1/2 inch tail pipe. Its made by piper and retails at 312 quid and the decat is bout 40 PM me in your interested with an offer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i cant get a trim because the tail pipe has fallen off!!
I guess i could do the trim thing and just get a standard box but the trims seem to go rusty after about 3 month and they always seem to weld on. Ill probably keep the car for about 2-3 years so i was thinking of the box lasting til i got rid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts