MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a weird squeal coming from my rear..

When crusing there is a slightly high pitched squeal coming from the back, i think its the left hand side. Had the rear brake pads replaced today but the problem hasnt gone away. The noise disappears when i brake. Could it be a bearing?

getting squeaks all over the place today!

thanks guys

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Quick & sure test for a rear wheel bearing - large roundabout, sensible speed, get weight firmly on the left wheels, then either increase speed or turn right'ish to increase the load. Bearing will probably growl rather than squeal if worn. I guess it could squeal if the bearing is turning in the housing?

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Thats wierd...cruising down the M40 yesterday afternoon, I had a period of 10 minutes when I seemed to get the same thing. I couldnt tell where the heck it came from, but was v loud...seemed to stop after a few applications of the brakes.

mikef

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,327 Posts
I’ve got a squeal from the rear at the moment and it’s the off side rear brake, I can hear it when I go around a left hand bend and has become Touring Car loud when its hot and I brake. I need to take the pads out and put another coating of copper slip on the non-friction side and clean the pad sliders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.