MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPRING SUNSHINE BRINGS OUT NEW CAR BUYERS FOR PEUGEOT

April was a record month for high temperatures but it was also a great month for Peugeot in the UK.

New car sales were 18% up on the same month last year with the new 207 proving a resounding success. The new model, launched in July 2006 helped Peugeot small car sales leap an impressive 66% last month.

Year to date the Peugeot brand is 3.4% up on 2006 with the Peugeot small car range again leading the sales charge, up 33% over the same period last year. Sales to private customers are up 15% and the 207 is the sixth best selling car in the UK year to date.

The new 207 Coupé Cabriolet (CC) launched in March certainly attracted the attention of sun seekers eager to make the most of the early spring sunshine. Almost two thousand 207CC models have already been sold which helped Peugeot maintain its number 1 position as the UK’s favourite cabriolet brand in April and year to date in the UK.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
SPRING SUNSHINE BRINGS OUT NEW CAR BUYERS FOR PEUGEOT

April was a record month for high temperatures but it was also a great month for Peugeot in the UK.

New car sales were 18% up on the same month last year with the new 207 proving a resounding success. The new model, launched in July 2006 helped Peugeot small car sales leap an impressive 66% last month.

Year to date the Peugeot brand is 3.4% up on 2006 with the Peugeot small car range again leading the sales charge, up 33% over the same period last year. Sales to private customers are up 15% and the 207 is the sixth best selling car in the UK year to date.

The new 207 Coupé Cabriolet (CC) launched in March certainly attracted the attention of sun seekers eager to make the most of the early spring sunshine. Almost two thousand 207CC models have already been sold which helped Peugeot maintain its number 1 position as the UK’s favourite cabriolet brand in April and year to date in the UK.
Which goes to prove how little influence the motoring press and car surveys really have.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Why is the 207 selling well?, its too big for its class and more expensive than its rivals particularly in base form such as the new Clio and Punto.

A bit like the 25 really except the 25 probably had better build quality and more class.

Still its not UK made so it must good never mind its really French S**t

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Why is the 207 selling well?, its too big for its class and more expensive than its rivals particularly in base form such as the new Clio and Punto.

A bit like the 25 really except the 25 probably had better build quality and more class.

Still its not UK made so it must good never mind its really French S**t
Yep ,Peugeots sales go through the roof after Ryton shuts ,proving that many in this country don't give two figs for people in manufacturing who get treated like **** by their employer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/6198052.stm

Even to the point that Peugeot ducked their responsibilities regarding their workers redundancy pay-how low can you get?

That's before you mention the cars which go on fire ,horrid cheap plastics ,iffy styling ,dodgy electrics ,golf club door mirrors and everything else.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Before MG/Rover went bust I regularly heard people slagging off the brand without ever having owned one.

It seems that this is the same with Peugeot. (And I admit..I used to be one of them!) My 407 coupe is great and very well built. People buy the 207 because it looks good and the build quality is far ahead of the 206. And while we may not admit it, it's streets ahead of the 25 (yes, my wife did own a 25 once)

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will be interesting to see what the new Peugeot 308 is like.

It seems like it will be a big step forward from the disappointing 307. The BMW/PSA joint venture petrol engines being used in it will be good too.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Before MG/Rover went bust I regularly heard people slagging off the brand without ever having owned one.

It seems that this is the same with Peugeot. (And I admit..I used to be one of them!) My 407 coupe is great and very well built. People buy the 207 because it looks good and the build quality is far ahead of the 206. And while we may not admit it, it's streets ahead of the 25 (yes, my wife did own a 25 once)
Actually I owned a 206, the build quality was S**T compared to the previous bubble shape 200 i owned but it was a better size and price for a supermini which is why i bought it at the time in preference to another 25.

Glad to hear build quality is better on a 207 however I still think Pug have got it wrong with this car like the 25 its too big, and too pricy for its sector like the 25 more of a Focus sector car, so whether it will sell as well as it might have done. The other Pug alternative the 107 is certainly too small for me and for anyone who has seen one of those up close, the build quality and materials used is dire

Having driven a number of pugs, citreons and renaults i would still generally stand by comments the quality of materials used and general build quality is s**t. But then i drove a facelifted Fiesta the other day and thought that was poor, some parts of the dash were worse than the pre facelift version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts