MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks thinking about a sports cat do i go for 120 cel or 200 cel and are there likely to be any mot issues cheers. ( ZS120 peco cat back 52mmTB Raid induction kit.)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I have heard of ZS's going through MOTs with a decat, so it can be done. Sports cats are not a problem, the lighter one may require a MIL eiliminator though, not all sports cats require them.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Sports cat may just get through. Many do fail.

Decat is just a dodgy MOT!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
MI180 here,no pre-cat sports cat piper cat back exhaust.Flew through the emisions with everything bein in the middle of the limits

Shroon

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
A few of ppl on XPF have 100,120 cpsi cats with manifolds &no probs on the emisions.All you may neeed is a mil eliminator

Shroon

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
The KV6 180 has proven to be much more suited to a sports cat (and even decat) than the K4 120 which gains pretty much nothing for the effort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
de-catted my 180 facelift 2 weeks ago,the difference is very noticeable,revs better all the way to the limiter,and sounds fantastic,no engine warning light and the emissions well within the limit,,,,,,the de-cat cost £110 fitted,made from stainless steel, inc the flexi, its a direct unbolt your cat and bolt on the pipe.............

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi,

I personally wouldnot bother with a sports cat, if your gonna fit it yourself (why bother paying someone?) then just buy a decat and be done with it! If you get nice shiny new bolts and grease them up when you've finished then its a 15 min job to swap it for your cat come MOT time...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
silly question - does the 120 have a pre-cat or is it only 180? The pre-cat (as said above) gets 180's through mot's with sport-cat or de-cat exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts