MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting some but my last car of this type had serious trouble getting through the emissions every year. will sport cats make any difference at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,398 Posts
StreetBoy said:
thinking of getting some but my last car of this type had serious trouble getting through the emissions every year. will sport cats make any difference at all?
You can only put one on at a time...:err:

Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
Wont make any difference to the bhp at all, so no point putting one on in the first place.
That's not strictly true.
As for whether it will have an effect or not depends on your car and any other modifications you have done to it.
What size engine do you have and what other mods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ashy said:
You can only put one on at a time...:err:

What size engine do you have and what other mods?
No, ive got 2! (albeit joined together)

4.6 no mods just thinking of putting a stainless steel exhaust on as well, nothing really loud, just enough to hear the burble a bit more. middle box needs replacing for the MOT so seems a good time to do the whole lot
 

·
Registered
cityrover
Joined
·
13,055 Posts
StreetBoy said:
No, ive got 2! (albeit joined together)

4.6 no mods just thinking of putting a stainless steel exhaust on as well, nothing really loud, just enough to hear the burble a bit more. middle box needs replacing for the MOT so seems a good time to do the whole lot
Id just replace the middle box, these 4.6 RR engines are tuned for low down torque and pulling power, and sports cats are only really designed for giving better flow high up the rev range. Wont do any harm, and should still pass the MOT but just cant really see the need to spend the money, guess if its just for the noise then that would be a good excuse as the v8 burble will be nice :bgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
Id just replace the middle box, these 4.6 RR engines are tuned for low down torque and pulling power, and sports cats are only really designed for giving better flow high up the rev range
Good point, still want a beefier exhaust though. out of interest would they change the emissions at all?
 

·
Registered
cityrover
Joined
·
13,055 Posts
StreetBoy said:
Good point, still want a beefier exhaust though. out of interest would they change the emissions at all?
Shouldnt do, sport cats are designed to keep emmissions down to a level that will just pass an MOT without restricting the flow that much.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top