MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the diesel forum,
I have tried posting on the r75 ZT forum but didn’t get much response so I thought I give it a go here instead.

I think I might have a split in the intercooler hose as there is a lot of black oil in the engine bay behind the headlight on the near side of the car. Any tips on what I need to do to find the split and replace the hose? How would this affect performance and where is the oil actually coming from I thought intercoolers cooled the air going through the turbo?

As I put on the other forum I'm struggling to find where the leak is coming from. I've given everything a good clean up so I hope that will help me locate the problem. I’ve continued to drive the car whilst I’m try to locate it could I cause any damage??

Many Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oil leak

hi,
did you slove the oil leak problem, I now hae a leak from the same place after a sevice centre (not rover) changed my Rad (New). Iam going to take it back but dont know enough about cars to disagree with them. Someone told me there is a oil seal or o ring, or something, they should have changed with the Rad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts