MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i aquired a ZR binnacle including the wiring loom, and i;m attempting to fit this to my mk3 200 :banghead: !!!

the wiring loom is different first off. if i plug my standard loom in all the electrics work etc! correct lights appear when they should. now the new binnacle has a blue plug in the back of the speedo which my loom does not have. when i plug in the loom that came with it all the lights go haywire but the rev counter works, as does the odometer and trip meter(well it lights up) but i get no movement on my speedo.

my car is a 214si (98) with the R65 box i believe. any ideas what i need to do to get the speedo part working. as i could fiddle with the loom to get everything working, i just dont know how to get the speedo to come alive?

please, please help..

Don
very frustrated rover lover.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i posted about this topic a month or so ago cuz i fancied ZR clocks in my 200 1999 and was told that without the ECU on and the wiring it wasn't possible to get the speedo to work, the signal for the speedo comes direct from the ECU on 25's and ZR's and therefore without it the speedo is useless. so without changing all the ECU, wiring and some other small items you'll never get it to function.

Garry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts