MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys , i have just become the proud owner of a 54 plate 75 conn se in tempest grey .
it looks the dogs b's and bought for used Fiesta money.
i was taking some stick at work when they heard i was buying a Rover , now after seeing it they are as sick as the proverbial .
only query i have is that the Rover Smarnav and Powerfold windows that the SE is supposed to have are missing , i heard about a cost cutting excercise at Longbridge just before the end could this be the reason the spec is different? or could it be down to the original owners requirements .
by the way she's only got 5k on her and drives like a dream.
Also any Events in Scotland over the summer

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
I always thought such items were optional on the SE's. The cost-cutting programme, dubbed 'project drive' took place in 2002/03 onwards (although there may have been a slight reversal from late 2004) but this mainly concerned sound proofing, interior trim, exterior protection, quality of plastics etc.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Hi rovcon, welcome to the forums.

Powerfold door mirrors were an optional extra on the Contemporary SE and formed part of the option pack.

SmartNAV only became standard on the 75 Contemporary SE for the 2005 Model Year cars, before that it was an optional extra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mate
really pleased with my 75 can't believe how could it looks sitting in the driveway.
so far anyone who has seen it is v.impressed , especially when i tell them
the that it cost little more than a used Fiesta.
one thing that bothers me though is the space saver spare wheel.
is it possible to buy a replacement alloy? ( e-bay i suppose)
and what should i pay for one .
i take it that it will fit in the spare wheel recess?
enjoying the site

cheers

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I personally have never had a problem with a space saver wheel. It does the job that you need - to get you home or to a garage.

And yes, you can buy a replacement from Ebay or indeed any Xpart dealer. www.xpart.com , although it'll probably cost around £225+ with a tyre. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than around £100 for a wheel from Ebay.

G

·
rovcon said:
Thanks mate
really pleased with my 75 can't believe how could it looks sitting in the driveway.
so far anyone who has seen it is v.impressed , especially when i tell them
the that it cost little more than a used Fiesta.
one thing that bothers me though is the space saver spare wheel.
is it possible to buy a replacement alloy? ( e-bay i suppose)
and what should i pay for one .
i take it that it will fit in the spare wheel recess?
enjoying the site

cheers
I've a slighlty used space saver (done 50 miles) for sale. PM me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks but i already have a space saver wheel still shrunk wrapped in the boot.
it was areplacement fork style alloy i was after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts