MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope someone can help,

want to upgrade my zt190's sound system, need components for the front and a 3/4 channel amp.

can someone advise me on what components and amp to go for?

want to spend under 100max on each.

i have been looking at jbl GTO-4060 Amplifier & infinity reference 6510cs.

i will prob add a 12" sub at a later date if i dont get the bass im after.

my prefered music is drum and bass.

thanks

tony

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the forums

I can't really advise you on what would be best, although there are plenty of people on here who can.

Firstly, try a search as there is loads of info to be had.

Secondly, try posting this in the ICE section (or a mod might kindly move it for you) as it will get more views in there:broon:.

Rich.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have infinty mids with pioneer tweeters and a sony amp and sub in he boot...there are plus and minus points to this set up..plus points are ...sounds awesome at most volumes with nice punchy sound coming from the mids/tweeter and a mellow bass from the sub...minus points are the 75/zt boot is very well soundproofed and bass struggles to escape....porting the boot is the obvious answer but i don't want to hack my car to bits...so for everyday listening i leave it as is....if i want to crank the bass up big time i open the ski hatch in the seat, this ports the boot tightens the punch and lets masses of bass through...its the only time the windows rattle...lol...it does have a tendancy to make the cd changer jump if i go to mad though...as to cost had the amp and sub already from a previous car...mids were £35 (e-bay) and the tweets £4.99 (e-bay) mdf for mids free (thx work)....hth

stef

1 - 3 of 3 Posts