MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Service Schedule from my dealer for my MG TF 135 and its says the sparks plugs are replaced at 4 years, is this the norm??? Has anybody else replaced there's earlier. As i work in the Motor Trade we have the dealership for two different manufacturers and one replaces every two years and the other every three. It just seems a long time before changing plugs?

Any adive will aprreciated

Dan

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
They are long life plugs. Feel free to change them at 2 years with standard plugs from the likes of NGK etc.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i'll be changing mine every 2 years simple as, ive got a renault 5 turbo 2 maxi cncourse car which i change the plugs at every 8000miles which is reccommended in the service book, i no the k-series engine is more modern but i think its to long just my personal prefrence, i'll be changing mine at 2 years

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
d4nwright said:
Got a Service Schedule from my dealer for my MG TF 135 and its says the sparks plugs are replaced at 4 years, is this the norm??? Has anybody else replaced there's earlier. As i work in the Motor Trade we have the dealership for two different manufacturers and one replaces every two years and the other every three. It just seems a long time before changing plugs?

Any adive will aprreciated

Dan

Don't know whether this helps but my 75, and my partner's 45, both have plug changes scheduled for the 4 year or 60k service. Apparently the OEM plugs used are not your 'bog standard' plug at all.iirc the Major posted the full spec on this sometime ago.

It may be that MGR ado the same for the TF?

hth

mike

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Sounds right to me Dan. My previous F was 60 months/60000 miles @ 12000 per year. TF is now rated @ 15000 per year so 48/60000. They are supposed to be fitted with 'long life' plugs. I'm was not convinced and changed the plugs on the F mid term, along with the plug leads. Not a huge cost in global terms and the car defo started better that winter. TF has just had it's first service at 12 months/8600 miles.

and I must learn to type faster - there were no replies when I started. That's what comes of looking up service schedules while typeing.

BTW Dan, did you get a nice printed service schedule showing everything that was to be done? The previous F versions have been hosted on a couple of sites in the past and it might be nice to put up a genuine MGR TF sheet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for your help. One reason for asking is mine is due for third year service in June and was going to get them to replace the plugs in addition to the service. Also noticed when cold in morniing somtimes get a very slight juddery feel like a misifre but not as bad and very rarely when idling in traffic.

Sprinter - yes got a printed Scheduled

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts