MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search to no avail.

I seem to remember reading that spark plugs did not have to replaced every service - could be wrong - however the plugs were changed at the service done when i bought my 2004 TF last year. I am now due service and 1st MOT. My question is should "special" plugs be fitted if they are to last a while or are "ordinary" plugs changed every year as with other cars?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,181 Posts
The plugs only need changing every 4th service as they are good for 60K miles although many change them at around 20K. Even with "ordinary" plugs changing them every year seems excessive unless you do high mileage.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plugs only need changing every 4th service as they are good for 60K miles although many change them at around 20K. Even with "ordinary" plugs changing them every year seems excessive unless you do high mileage.
Ta very much. I was going get the garage to check the "quality" of the plugs and change if nec'y but if they are all much the same no worries.

It used to be the case that plugs were changed at every service - maybe I'm going too far back in my memory data base.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
417 Posts
What are the original plugs? Mine has only done 30k, although I changed them for some from flea-bay. The ones I took out though were bosch ones and looked fine and I am worried i have put worse ones in! :ts:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
The original plugs would have been Unipart but most people probably change them for NGK platinium PFR6N-11 plugs. You can also use NGK Iridium BKR6EIX or Denso Iridium IK20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts