MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some advice please
I have 15 inch crowns at the moment but im not that keen as i think the look like wheel trims. I am considering some 17 inch alloys but im a bit scared that they will ruin the ride quality. i know in the past some have said dont go for 17 but othershave said go for it. so could somebody make my mind up for me please.
thanks

·
Registered
rover_75
209 Posts
I changed my crowns for 17" Serpents last year I was concerned beforehand that it may ruin the 75's fantastic ride. I am pleased to say not only do they look fantastic and transform the 75 look, the ride IMO is stil excellent.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good timing josef as i to have crowns on mine and i hate them, i think they really let the car down and will be changing as soon as i can :)

Nice to know that sydneymj i just got to make me mind up to which ones to go for. What ones you thinking of josef ?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
sydneymj said:
I changed my crowns for 17" Serpents last year I was concerned beforehand that it may ruin the 75's fantastic ride. I am pleased to say not only do they look fantastic and transform the 75 look, the ride IMO is stil excellent.
I found exactly the same.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Guys

Look on ebay for genuine Rover 16" alloys from the facelift 75. I bought mine for less than £50 per alloy to replace my crowns which had started to rust in places. These were listed at over £600 quid in the Rover accesories booklet I have, a bargain or what.

Stubie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts