MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need a solar red touch up stick for my mgf, halfords sell a rover solar red touch up stick. Will this be ok
thanks

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,474 Posts
It will probably be OK but you may get a better result if you have them mix the paint for you using your paint code.

G

·
Not sure about solar red. I remember someone mentioned before that the silver one was a poor match for their paintwork. I'm sure some far more knowledgeable people will help you put there!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Your best bet will to be to get some mixed up. I used Wilko Car Master, as I know the lads in there and I get discount. Spray some paint into the lid and get a fine brush for the little bits you need to touch up.

Stoooopidly enough last Friday I decided to reverse into a post...I only grazed the bumper slightly, but I'm geetting my paint to it this weekend.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
jtmlk said:
I Need a solar red touch up stick for my mgf, halfords sell a rover solar red touch up stick. Will this be ok
thanks
TBH they are `near enough` as its only a `flat` colour as such!!...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
They are very cheap from a Rover main agent. We buy them all the time. The sticks are about £4.00 and the kits are about £9.00, but at least you would be getting an exact colour match for the car.

Kris

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
234 Posts
I had an MG Rover touch up stick for my old F. Colour match wasn't bad, but most of the time using clear laquor was all that was needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts