MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, splashed out last month and bought a new Sony head unit and ipod adapter. Well chuffed with the head unit, but the ipod adapter is really starting to get on my nerves - you have to control everything from the head unit, which is fine, but very slow. But the major problem I'm having is that every time you turn the engine off and then back on again (like when getting petrol), the ipod starts playing again from the very first song on it. It then takes forever to get back to the song you were on if you want to listen from there again ... Looked on the internet and it would seem it is not a wiring issue or anything, it's just the way the adapter works, so it has to go.

So I am now looking for an ipod adapter for a sony head unit, which stops and turns off the ipod when you stop the engine, and then resumes playing from where it was when you turn it back on again... Also while controlling the ipod from the HU is safer, it would be cool if you could select your songs on both the ipod and the HU, or at least select the folder on the ipod but be able to change tracks etc on the head unit, and have cd text. Tell me if I am asking too much!!!

Does anyone know of such an adapter?! I'm completely lost!

Any help appreciated...

Cheers
Tom

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
If the HU still has the normal Sony CD changer control then you can use the Connects2 black box and does exactly what you want apart from the being still able to use the iPod controls whilst docked.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the HU still has the normal Sony CD changer control then you can use the Connects2 black box and does exactly what you want apart from the being still able to use the iPod controls whilst docked.
Cool, Thanks Chris! Yep the HU has the normal sony cd changer port, unilink I think they call it. I think I read on another thread that you have one of these connects2 adapters don't you? What's the speed of navigation through the menus like? On the sony adapter it sometimes takes a while for track names and menus to come up... Will order one tomorrow I think, will be so nice to pop in the petrol station and drive out with the same song on as when I came in!

Cheers
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts