MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the names of some companies who can mix paint (aerosol or loose stuff in a tin) for my Alumina Green MGF.

I've posted before but got no help. I live in Kent if this helps.

Rod

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
try your local dealer, or ex local dealer.

other than that try yellow pages for motor factors most can mix paint, even halfords should be able to mix it for you but their matchs are hit and miss.

andy

·
Registered
mgf
142 Posts
I asked this on here just the other day and was pointed towards halfords.

Apparently just give em your paint code and Bob's your uncle.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Just out of interest..

If you were to get paint from Halfrauds, is it better to give them your paint code, to match.. rather than picking a can of the paint that matches your car, off the shelf? Or is it all pretty much a sameness?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,034 Posts
Dee said:
Just out of interest..

If you were to get paint from Halfrauds, is it better to give them your paint code, to match.. rather than picking a can of the paint that matches your car, off the shelf? Or is it all pretty much a sameness?
The paint that they mix will be fresher, so of the pre mixed paint could have been sitting around for years.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Chris T said:
The paint that they mix will be fresher, so of the pre mixed paint could have been sitting around for years.

Plus if you have your car there they can check for any slight differences. When I had my bumper sprayed he took the paint code, then used swatches to get it spot on as there are about 8 Anthracites

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,034 Posts
I have found that with Platinum Silver there are several different shades, non-solid colours are a pain to match at the best of times.

·
Registered
mgf
142 Posts
Chris T said:
I had that a few years ago with some touch up paint. It came out dark grey on my silver bonnet and bumper.

The paint turned out to be over two years past it's sell by date so I got my self a full front end respray courtesy of Halfords. :bgrin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts