MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall, that well known dog turd on wheels producers has made a car i rather like....next Years Corsa GSI!

1.6 Turbo with 200 bhp, 6 speed box and great looks.........I want a Vauxhall!!!!
Mega

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
crikey, all from a 1.6, thats MEGA!

I wonder if they will keep to their promises though, or will that be a VXR instead of a GSi going by current trends...?

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
jesus, 200bhp from a 1.6. do you have any details on the engine mate. that must be at the flywheel surely.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Mega said:
Vauxhall, that well known dog turd on wheels producers has made a car i rather like....next Years Corsa GSI!

1.6 Turbo with 200 bhp, 6 speed box and great looks.........I want a Vauxhall!!!!
Mega
You poor deluded Lad ...;) Go and have a lie down in a darkened room at once.... if that doesn't work, report to the M.O. first thing...

A Vauxhall indeed... I had one once ... it was a Tuesday ... a Magnum 2300 .... not that bad actually ..

Mega (AKA Scouse-Mike) I am now 100% certain your case is terminal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
viva las vegas

i had a viva, silver, chrome bumpers, pvc seats, reverse light switch, 0-60 in a week, built like a tank i loved it.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
milly said:
i had a viva, silver, chrome bumpers, pvc seats, reverse light switch, 0-60 in a week, built like a tank i loved it.
0-60 in a week ... Unlike the Viva GT.

My mate and my brother had a Viva GT ... cracking little car and the first one I had seen with a rubber band to drive the camshaft. Now commonplace but back then in the late 1960s, very rare indeed.

Vauxhall Viva GT ... still look good by modern standards - correction.... 2nd thoughts .. they look far better than a lot of modern stuff.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
What a horrible way to waste your money, by wanting a Vauxhall! It's as bad as wanting the new 207, or Polo Gti!
Don't do it mate!
I pescribe as a cure, that you wonder down to your loacl Honda dealer and put a deposit on the new CTR, as thats the only way to cure your illness, and make your feel much better!:lol:

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Stevo135+ said:
What a horrible way to waste your money, by wanting a Vauxhall! It's as bad as wanting the new 207, or Polo Gti!
Don't do it mate!
I pescribe as a cure, that you wonder down to your loacl Honda dealer and put a deposit on the new CTR, as thats the only way to cure your illness, and make your feel much better!:lol:
Have you seen the preview of the type R in Auto express? :hyper: its magic!

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My old one was gutless under 5000 rpm, and i suspect the new one will have 100 kgs more weight to pull............Turbo torque please!
Can anyone post a spy shot of it?
Mega

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Mega said:
My old one was gutless under 5000 rpm, and i suspect the new one will have 100 kgs more weight to pull............Turbo torque please!
Mega
That darn well serves you right ... you didn't listen to me before you bought it .... That's why they need 27 gears!

...:)

Mega said:
...........Turbo torque please!

Mega
There again, maybe you did listen after all....

Never too late ...old dog, new tricks scenario ..;)

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Mega said:
Mega
please find attached a picture of the new civic type R, spied on test near Honda's German HQ.

read the full article, PLUS MORE PICTURES at: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/67806/new_civic_type_r_is_here.html

Image courtesy of Auto express.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
MGR_Petrolhead said:

read the full article HERE
Yes please ... when you're ready ..;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The new corsa aint bad. I doubt those 200bhp from 1.6 claims though (its either at the flywheel, completely wrong, or never going to make it to production). But yes it is going to be VXR, saw it in autocar.
Would have to get a civic type R though....its looking good.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Samuel said:
The new corsa aint bad. I doubt those 200bhp from 1.6 claims though (its either at the flywheel, completely wrong, or never going to make it to production). But yes it is going to be VXR, saw it in autocar.
Would have to get a civic type R though....its looking good.
The 1.6 Turbo is already in the Vauxhall Meriva GSi...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts