MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Quick question, had my car since November its been kept in a garage all its life (N reg) so the roof aint had much punishment but ive not got a garage so it is now out in all conditions and ive noticed that inside the soft top has stated to go a bit mouldy (dont think the roof has ever been waterproofed).

Ive ordered the roof cleaner & waterproofer stuff (Auto Glym stuff), can I use this for the inside as well or can i get rid of the mould some other way?

Cheers

Sarah

def investing in a hard top before next winter

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I used this stuff on my old F's roof inside and out and although I found it cut down on the manky mould, for me it didn't kill it off completely. Good luck!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
164 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I don't know if it's of any help but you could try going into a camping/caravaning suppliers they do various mould killers etc for use on canvas tents and awnings and as they have to be watertight I don't see why they wouldn't work on a hood.

Sonia

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Although my TF is a lot newer, and perhaps i'll suffer the same in future.. I use a hood mate I think it's called, a cover from Mike Satur that just covers the hood. I put it on when i'm not using the TF and over night. Seems to do the job of keeping out the occasional downpour we have in the UK! :lol:

Jonathan

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the replies, a camping place sounds like a good idea, ill give that a go at the weekend along with the waterproofing.

Yep also been looking into those covers, will prob purchase one of them to at some point.

Sarah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts