MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend a product that wil bring back the B...R....G in my soft top?

it's starting to fade a little - developing white patches! :(

thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks chris. Anyone else do soft top reviver kits?

In addition to the above question - any recommendations on making my rear screen crystal clear?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,294 Posts
Options for the rear screen are Autoglym supper resin polish (or similar with resin), Greycoat plastic polish or Renovo plastic screen polish. I use the latter and results are fantastic.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
You could ask Steve, Martin or Terry at BAS-International - they produce a soft top in green, maybe they would know of a suitable product.

Iain

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
iaross said:
You could ask Steve, Martin or Terry at BAS-International - they produce a soft top in green, maybe they would know of a suitable product.

Iain
Is there anything for Burgundy??? As mine did not fade that much but it is not as bright as it used to be....

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Just wondering if anybody knew what the Renovo stuff was made of? I have used some and it works well. To be honest though it just looks like black dye to me? Would some simple black dye do the same job for less cost? My car is never covered so the hood could do with another treatment this year, a 500ml bottle of Renovo only really does one good coat.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
It obviously contains a dying agent, but a seriously waterproof one I should imagine. Last thing you want is streaky roof syndrome :)

As they say, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Ben

No idea what Renovo consists of but I always got 2 full coats from a 500 ml bottle; did it each Spring, so a bottle lasted 2 years.

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
I have only done mine once when I got my 1996F with origional roof, hence needed to go on pretty heavy handed as it had nearly faded to grey!

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
James C said:
It obviously contains a dying agent, but a seriously waterproof one I should imagine. Last thing you want is streaky roof syndrome :)

As they say, you get what you pay for.
Renovo REVIVER is the coloured liquid (typically black) that makes the hood look newer. Renovo PROOFER is the clear water proofing agent that is applied afterwards.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Burgundy or Green? Don't hold your breath - I've been asking Renovo since feb 2005.

I was assured by Renovo in March 2006 that

"We are very close to bring out additional colours will keep you informed; Regards; Customer Service ; Renovo International Ltd"

This was a follow up to their message in February 2005:

"Thank you for your interest in the Renovo convertible car care product range. We are planning to launch a universal Soft Top Reviver which is colourless some time later this year. Regards, Customer Service"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts