MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1521 - 1540 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
After filling GEF the car and driving half way down the country the pick Rico the husky up,I re filled and did a bit of maths.

This includes town type driving for the last few days as well.

31.96mpg

Well happy as I wasn't hanging about on the motorway.

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has yours not been affected by the problem of rust occurring just forward of the rear wheel arches? It's not a large area (2 small postage stamps) but seems to occur from the inside out and I believe lots of cars had it. I've got a quote from a highly recommended guy to deal with it (only £300). It's the only blemish on the car.
Mine is just starting to suffer from this. I need recommendations for someone reliable in the East of England to sort it out, anyone?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
So.....,
Fitted the stainless middle section of the exhaust and the front pipe decided to rain on the parade.

My plan was to make a complete stainless system, but a mild steel pipe was only £28.

Also been looking at some new springs.
Plant Natural material Terrestrial plant Wood Tool
Street light Nickel Composite material Asphalt Gas
Font Line Parallel Screenshot Slope

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Said up to 30 mm lower than standard.

Let's face it,I can nearly get my head in the wheel arch with the original springs.

Just ordered a set as GEF,my 600 got an advisory on springs and a slight bind on front os brake.

Other than that he's got a new mot today

·
Registered
766 Posts
ugh, that sucks! Not too surprised; knowing Euro, they probably sold out long ago! Would you get the springs through the MoT if you cleaned as best possible and then painted them, or is it worse than that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought some drive belts the other day, and tried to fit them today.
What a nightmare!
I can see the top nut for the alternator, but I can't see the bottom nut, theres 2 nuts side by side-which one is the adjuster?
Its such a tight squeeze I cant even SEE what i need to undo, never mind get my hand on it......
This is a job for next weekend......

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
ugh, that sucks! Not too surprised; knowing Euro, they probably sold out long ago! Would you get the springs through the MoT if you cleaned as best possible and then painted them, or is it worse than that?
Original springs advised on the recent Mot.
They're only 22 years old

I shall write a strongly worded letter to Rover expressing my disgust in the shoddy springs that were fitted in the 90's

Vroom vroom.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I don't think we can let Croatia join this contest; how many days a year do you have salt put on the ice-covered roads :unsure: ? I'm just in the process of smartening up the wheels that carry my winter tyres. I think they too are 23 years old and the powder coating is less than perfect, so I'm touching them up with a drop of paint. Of course, since I bought the winter tyres in the bad winter of 2010, we've hardly since any snow or ice in the south of the country!

1521 - 1540 of 1544 Posts