MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1501 - 1520 of 1523 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today my 1994 623GSI got another years MOT!
There were 2 minor points of note- a small oil leak (probably from the rocker cover-known issue, I've had a gasket set in the boot for ages, just never found the time to fit it)
And a worn cv boot......
Can't remember the last time I saw a 600 in the flesh.......

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm pretty sure the oil leak is only from the rocker cover. I'm not too worried just yet as its only a small drip, not pi55ing out.
It doesnt do that many miles (despite being my daily driver), about 3,500 a year, so my mot man wasnt too worried about the cv boot.

I'm just impressed that the old girl is good for another 12 months!!!!!
Can't be that many left now....

·
Registered
rover_600
15 Posts
Glad it passed. I get a small leak from the rocker cover on my 623 as well. I must get the gasket and sealant out soon too!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Went for some coolant today.
20l of concentrate for £30 didn't seem like a bad price.

OK I'm not sticking it all in GEF (the 600)

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Noticed I have drop/lift on drivers door

Has anyone done pins and bushes on R600 hinges before?

Any pitfalls to look out for,or is it pretty straight forward, providing nothing is seized

Vroom vroom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This week I had the cv boots replaced on my '94 623GSI.
Got my MOT garage to do it as I don't have the time/inclination /facilities to do it, cost me £130, but it was worth it as the drivers side was a pain to get off.....

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,008 Posts
Out of interest, which engine does your 600 have?
Honda engine 2.0 litre, manual, complimented from MoT tester she has better emission test that new cars today, as well I could return it into showroom for sale as new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I replaced the rocker cover gasket in an attempt to cure a small oil leak as mentioned in my last mot.
Painted the rocker cover while it was off, as the original black paint was peeling off.
Still got the small oil leak 😠, seems to be coming from the round black gasket thingy at the end of the cam shaft. Can that gasket be replaced??

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got an advisory on the rubbers in the front roll bar stabilising link at the last MoT, so have just replaced the links. On removal, I would say that the whole links were just about at at the end of their 23 year lives. Rubber bushes on the roll bar seem to be in fine condition, so did not change

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just passed the MoT with no advisories :). Looking on the DVLA site, it seems that there are only 109 Rover 620Si's still on the road; cannot recall the last time I saw one.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,008 Posts
Just passed the MoT with no advisories :). Looking on the DVLA site, it seems that there are only 109 Rover 620Si's still on the road; cannot recall the last time I saw one.
Congratulations!!

My 620Si passed with flying colours month ago with compliment I could put it on the dealers stand and it could sell as new one.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Used GEF. The 600 for a 200 mile trip yesterday to pick Rico up.

Joined a dog fostering site when our husky had to be pts last year.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Honda engine 2.0 litre, manual, complimented from MoT tester she has better emission test that new cars today, as well I could return it into showroom for sale as new car.
Has yours not been affected by the problem of rust occurring just forward of the rear wheel arches? It's not a large area (2 small postage stamps) but seems to occur from the inside out and I believe lots of cars had it. I've got a quote from a highly recommended guy to deal with it (only £300). It's the only blemish on the car.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,008 Posts
Has yours not been affected by the problem of rust occurring just forward of the rear wheel arches? It's not a large area (2 small postage stamps) but seems to occur from the inside out and I believe lots of cars had it. I've got a quote from a highly recommended guy to deal with it (only £300). It's the only blemish on the car.
I do not have any problems on R600 regarding the rust. I live in area which is very polite to Rovers regarding the rust. We have very small number of rain days in compare to dry or sunny days.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I do not have any problems on R600 regarding the rust. I live in area which is very polite to Rovers regarding the rust. We have very small number of rain days in compare to dry or sunny days.
My impression is that this problem has shown up on many of the UK cars. There's no bodywork rust anywhere else, so it does seem as though water (maybe condensation) gets trapped between inner and outer panels.

1501 - 1520 of 1523 Posts