MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh dear'!!!!!! ive just shut my keys in the boot and my mob............!!!!
*bangs head*****

aghthrrhkgr

any way to gert it out?

pleas ehelp its urgent

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi
there is but If I recall it takes about 2 hours & requires some long arms.

Do you have a spare set anywhere

MikeS

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the advice peeps its much apreciated.... im gonna have a go at the long way now and if that fails i shall try the destructo method thanks for the pms , ill update tommorow

thanks

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Go to your local keycutting shop afterwards and get a couple of keys cut, they have no electronics in them, so for £2.50 you can save the embarasment, and posible loss of a rear light in future ;)

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i managed to get it open, i first tried the long route, but i really cant see how its possible unless u have 2 inch thick arms and they would also need to be made out of rubber too......... that was just not atall possible for us.......

the other idea that i got pmed about was a last resort.........

we just messed the lock up with screwdrivers and a drill and hey presto it opened, so i need a new lock but at least i can drive around with it , its not really noticable.........

love that sense of relief when its done

thanks guys

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Glad you got in.

Regarding the long route - i have done it 'for real' 3 times now and once in front of a live audience at MGF 10. To be honest it is a horrible job, but it IS possible.

It is easier on a 1.8i F than a VVC F or TF due to there being slightly more space inside the 1.8i Fs engine bay, but even then it isn't easy. It's a case of perseverance and ultimately you will get in there (plus a few bruises on your arms!)

And i'm sure that if you asked anyone on here if i am a small chap with thin, rubber arms you would get a pretty humorous response!! :D Here's a picture of the forearm bruising that resulted from the last time i had to do it...

As i said, not a nice job - but possible.

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whoa !!! that is some srious concentration!!! loveit

on the side with the filter we could touch both bolts but barley touch the one further up, and on the other side was not even possible for us.........

i dont get it........ still nice bruises :)

wont be doing that again

ps. anyone selling a lock?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts