MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Cheers Pat, it definitely had its positives, that's for sure. I'm glad that a lot of people felt a benefit from it. It even brought a number of couples together!

And yes, a dating subsite did cross my mind on more than one occassion! lol

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Oh it is a shame when the forum founder feels that way partly due to the way the new owners are running it. Sorry to see you feel that way.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,188 Posts
I'm sorry that you will no longer be 'part of the furniture', but appreciate that it isn't possible to be in the position of admin when you can't devote the time to it. I would like to echo Pats thanks for setting up MG-Rover.org in the first place and having steered it through the various problems and hiccups along the way. It has been a significant fixture in the lives of quite a few people for some years now (and I hope will continue to be so).

I must admit that I haven't really noticed any major changes since the site was sold (or at least, not many that can only be attributed to the change of ownership), but I suppose it still felt largely the same with having Steve and the same moderator team at the head of the show.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
A Canadian company (called Autoguide IIRC) who has bought out lots of car forums the. Let's the flounder

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
I joined this forum back in 2003, came back on here yesterday as we have just ordered a new ZS, used to frequent this place a lot back in the day so was wondering what happened to Steve so I searched for his name and this was the last time he posted - nearly 5 years ago!!!.

Such a shame, Steve was a great guy and a very balanced moderator of our rambling back then, when we all sometimes got a little passionate about our own opinions on this and that, I remember meeting him briefly on a MG Rover tour back in 2003 shortly after I joined, sounds daft probably, but he was sort of famous to us mere mortals who just joined this place rather than created it. This forum and site was a great resource back then, remember that only a few years earlier the t'interweb was still quite a new thing. Along with Keith Adams, these guys really created online spaces for everything formerly BL. Along with with site, I used to spend hours and hours on AROnline.co.uk too! another fabulous web resource now sold to the corporates.

I hope Steve is well, wherever, and whatever he's doing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts