MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doubtless we have all seen the days when this board is just full of peoples faults and problems, and for newbies reading these type posts it must make them think "Oh my God!, What have I bought?"..........

Just have a look at the list of faults on the Mini board below, in particular the 'common' power steering problem which can cost HGF prices to put right!.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faults-fixes/

Strangly my Wife wants a New Mini and when I said lots of people have had problems with them her reply was.. "Hhmmmm They said that about your F/TF"...

Can't realy argue with that!.:err:

·
Never forgotten
8,633 Posts
Doubtless we have all seen the days when this board is just full of peoples faults and problems, and for newbies reading these type posts it must make them think "Oh my God!, What have I bought?"..........

Just have a look at the list of faults on the Mini board below, in particular the 'common' power steering problem which can cost HGF prices to put right!.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faults-fixes/

Strangly my Wife wants a New Mini and when I said lots of people have had problems with them her reply was.. "Hhmmmm They said that about your F/TF"...

Can't realy argue with that!.:err:
I think many of the so called 'reliable' cars are the same, I also have a MK4 Golf, and on the Golf forum there is a long long list of common faults.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
my dads CLK 320 never breaks down - oh aprat from his aircon, brake calipers seizing and his "£4k" command center ballsing up.

Luckily this is all covered by the merc warranty. The only condition being that you keep up the services at merc, at nearly £2k a time for most of them.

Thereby completely nulling out the costs saved in not having to repair the damn thing.

They safted him to the tune of £200 to replace the spark plugs (plus fitting at £95 an hour)

We get off lightly with the occcasional HGF.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
..........and shouldn't you be on a run :dunno:
erm...I knew there was something we were supposed to be doing today! Ooops!

Phil realised today he did not have a suit for a wedding this Saturday, so we had to go shopping for one. Sorry Chris!!!!

We know about FPower, but haven't got a clue whats wrong/how to fix it. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yup, thanks Chris for pointing me in the right direction there. I was just assuming that it was the SQL servers playing up again, and was going to leave it.

:beer: for Chris at the next meet :broon:

·
Registered
mgf
161 Posts
I'm one of the newbies referred to above, although I have got to say just how friendly and helpful the site is.
Mind you was saying to a friend all these type forums are just like one of those old doctors books your granny had....if you read it long enough every symptom ache and pain in there you convince yourself you had or have!!
To me every squeak, rattle, leak I read about in the forum I'm believing my F either has or is going to have!!
Still I'm made up with it even though I had a neighbour revolt yesterday they are all saying 'since I got this flashy soft top its never stopped raining'

1 - 20 of 20 Posts