MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got around to uploading the photos of my baby, hope this works! Can anyone positively say whether she's a special edition or just a 135 with a shed load of options?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, that was easy, I didn't expect it to work!

Please excuse the cheapo mats and the mess inside the car, I just gave her a quick wash and then drove to a reasonable spot to take pictures, I want to get some proper MG mats eventually...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wow, that was easy, I didn't expect it to work!

Please excuse the cheapo mats and the mess inside the car, I just gave her a quick wash and then drove to a reasonable spot to take pictures, I want to get some proper MG mats eventually...
Can't help much,:rocker: but it looks like a nice little car & good pictures.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Not saying either way, but what makes you think your car is a special edition? Nice car none the less though. :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

I've insured it the other day as a straightforward 1.8 135 Convertible, but when I got to listing the non-standard bits (they wanted to know about mods etc. and I don't want to get stiffed if I make a claim), it seemed like more options than I would have expected someobody to spec on the car if they were paying their own money.

The list of stuff that I can think of is:-
Two tone leather seats and wheel (must have cost a bit)
wind deflector
Chrome door handles
Fog lights
Blue roof (not that you can see that!)
Bigger wheels
AP brakes

I could be entirely wrong, but it looked so much like a 135 Sprint that I was beginning to wonder if it was one! I don't think the interior matches the Sprint though...

Anyway, apart from wondering what the exact model is, I'm really happy with her, thoroughly enjoying the whole soft top thing, even at night it's great having the roof down and being able to see all the stars without a roof to get in the way! :)

So far she hasn't given me much grief, although I'm not sure if the coolant is dropping, I'm going to fill her up tommorow and see if it was just air getting out of the system following her recent coolant change. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yep many TF's had quite a few options, maybe the larger wheels/AP's came with one of the sports packs.. Anyway probably was just a specced out model, unless it is of course an SE of some description.

And yep some of the best topless drives are at night! :D

Also as you say, keep an eye on the coolant, any leaks at all should be investigated. :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and a note about the pictures, for anybody who knows the access road for a big quarry in Houghton (forget it's proper name), it's great fun for dodging potholes (shows how sharp the MG is to drive! :) and leads to a good vantage point for a few pictures, but try to only use it on an evening.

If you use it when the quarry is open you get bemused looks from dumper truck drivers wondering why there's a car parked for no apparent reason at the side of their access route, they also raise a large dust cloud as they thunder past, not that I've been dumb enough to forget the opening hours, cough. ;-)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
looks like a 135 with SP2 and front fogs with full leather interior. Just specced a bit more than a standard 135 i expect.

Nothing that an insurance company needs to know about bar what's under hood so to speak!

out of interest what tyres have you got on there??

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
smbMG I work in Car Insuarnce and your wrong. The Insurance company DO need to know about these changes as the car has been changed from the standard manufactured model. To cut a long story short if they had not been advised and should a claim be made they will only have paid out for a standard 135 with NO mods or changes. Even if you fit a tow bar to a car the insurers need to be notified.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
smbMG I work in Car Insuarnce and your wrong. The Insurance company DO need to know about these changes as the car has been changed from the standard manufactured model. To cut a long story short if they had not been advised and should a claim be made they will only have paid out for a standard 135 with NO mods or changes. Even if you fit a tow bar to a car the insurers need to be notified.
If you fit a tow bar to it you DEFINITELY need to tell them, as it's not approved for one, so although you can get one for the F you'd better get on well with your insurance company :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thats not true if that car came out of the factory with those "options" on already...? If they have been added after manufacturer then yes but if those options were available, chosen and added at manufacture time then no....

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,125 Posts
Thats not true if that car came out of the factory with those "options" on already...? If they have been added after manufacturer then yes but if those options were available, chosen and added at manufacture time then no....
Yes you need to add those to the insurance as well otherwise you risk not being able to replace like-for-like if the car needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Blue roof (not that you can see that!)
That could POSSIBLY make it a TF 135 "Sprint" (like mine).

Apparently they are limited to about 600 (my only source for that is the Interweb ;) ) and is basically a bog-standard 135 with about £2,500 worth of extras thrown in for about £1,500 (VVC wheels, AP brakes, colour coded roof, Fogs etc.)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts