MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why MG ROVER cars aren't represented in the above magazine !!!! (the new chinese variant is ) ? Can't get parts or any info from it,surely MG ROVER weren't that bad....I Love my MG ZS180 x

·
Premium Member
ZS180, ZTT260, STR, MondeoMk3, FocusMk3
675 Posts
Seems they do? This edition was all about the Z-cars:

-https://www.facebook.com/MGEnthusiast/photos/4731078123587005-

Trying to post a Facebook link and the forum keeps mangling it..

·
Registered
mg_tf
21 Posts
Yes I know what you mean , the space taken up with those articles could be filled with items on how to repair and improve our British Mg's
If you want info on new cars go to
What car type magazines

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems they do? This edition was all about the Z-cars:

-https://www.facebook.com/MGEnthusiast/photos/4731078123587005-

Trying to post a Facebook link and the forum keeps mangling it..
On a weekly basis,they don't..I had 12mths subscription with them,I know they deal with all the classics,but these cars are now becoming that and there are almost no parts being advertised and zero interest in MG ROVER CARS..PS i cancelled my membership due to total dissapointment.!!

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,478 Posts
Perhaps the publishers need to remember that when MG Rover went under, their title absorbed 'Total MG' which had only been in iculation for 12 issues, but was very much centred around the MG Rover era cars.

Although having subscribed to Total MG, I did not take out a subscription for MG Enthusiast precisely because it was very much steeped in the earlier generations of MG sports cars, and I didn't hold out much hope for much featuring the Zed cars or Fs and TFs to appear in it. I have not been proved wrong; despite a few early articles and very occasional feature articles since, MG Rover cars have to my mind been no more than a footnote in MGE for the entire last 16 years. I don't expect that will change!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surely every MG that's ever been has been the 'Best version' ( highest output engine) Sporty fun car,regardless of Ownership !! Rover put performance engines in and where criticised,saying they were just a rebadged Rover !!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know why MG ROVER cars aren't represented in the above magazine !!!! (the new chinese variant is ) ? Can't get parts or any info from it,surely MG ROVER weren't that bad....I Love my MG ZS180 x
Hi, there is plenty of Info on the ZEDs, Try Brown and Gammons, you can also get s Full ZED Service CD on eBay. Or you would need to Join, but the MG Car Club is the official MG Manufactures' Club and the MG Owner's club is what it says. But with a little Surfing you will find what you want, let's face it my MG6, shares parts with the ZT-T that I had before.

·
Registered
36,581 Posts
In short, this magazine covers enthusiast reports of all periods of MG.

As a member of this group, you will have heard the mantra "but that's not a proper MG!". To you, the modern MG is not a proper MG, you will have heard of those who say a proper MG has to be a sportscar, made in Abingdon, or perhaps both, though both MGA and monocoque MGB were seen by some as "not proper MGs" at some point. Many said Longbridge-built MG saloons were not proper MGs.

Say 20 years ago there could have been an argument here if someone called the ZS180 an "MG Rover" lol.

MG Enthusiast is IMHO the first stop for news and views about all post-war MGs, there are regular features on the Zeds although these were in production for only say five years of MG's now almost 100-year history. I think the majority of all MGs ever produced have been in the last 20 years, sales are now in at least six figures a year and the first million were celebrated in the mid-60s IIRC.
Zeds are great cars - I had two ZS180s from new/nearly new.
Still, I am saying this for anyone reading this who would be interested in anything from MG's history, it may not be what you want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In short, this magazine covers enthusiast reports of all periods of MG.

As a member of this group, you will have heard the mantra "but that's not a proper MG!". To you, the modern MG is not a proper MG, you will have heard of those who say a proper MG has to be a sportscar, made in Abingdon, or perhaps both, though both MGA and monocoque MGB were seen by some as "not proper MGs" at some point. Many said Longbridge-built MG saloons were not proper MGs.

Say 20 years ago there could have been an argument here if someone called the ZS180 an "MG Rover" lol.

MG Enthusiast is IMHO the first stop for news and views about all post-war MGs, there are regular features on the Zeds although these were in production for only say five years of MG's now almost 100-year history. I think the majority of all MGs ever produced have been in the last 20 years, sales are now in at least six figures a year and the first million were celebrated in the mid-60s IIRC.
Zeds are great cars - I had two ZS180s from new/nearly new.
Still, I am saying this for anyone reading this who would be interested in anything from MG's history, it may not be what you want.
The MG Car Club has always said that if it was Converted by Morris Garages from a Morris, or Made as an MG of any Configuration, then it's an MG, only those who had no Idea that the original Cars were converted Morris Saloons have said, the only true MG is a Sports Car and by that They mean a 2 Seater, but All MGs are Sports Cars of one type or another, I have an MG 6GT, made in Birmingham on the TF Line, but if it was made in China and finished here, it would still be an MG, just as the MG Car Club says, after all the Car Club was Born at the same time as MG itself, being the Sports and Social Club of Morris Garages!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'd need a lot of Money and a Huge amount of Space, even if you just had those Vehicles that are still on the Roads around the World now :giggle:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts