MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads would just like to put this out there a member jacksparrow on this forum directed me to his friend who had some avo coilovers for sale for my mg zr 160 at 270 pounds i contacted his friend etc paid for the goods on june the 12 since then i have been told numerous times he is working away on holiday etc basically this guys taken my money and gone with it he has made no effort to supply me with the tracking numbers(if there are any ) which has lead me to name and shame this member of our forum i would appreciate any help on what to do in this situation i have the guys bank details a mobile number that never answers goes to voice mail and an email address i would like advice please as this is now fraud and theft

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That's fair enough but if I had recommended another person I would feel some sort of responsibility. Has jacksparrow given you any assurance that this guy was trustworthy or was it just someone he knew that was selling the stuff?

·
Registered
mg_zr
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's fair enough but if I had recommended another person I would feel some sort of responsibility. Has jacksparrow given you any assurance that this guy was trustworthy or was it just someone he knew that was selling the stuff?
you so would i mate if he was a friend i would be onto him and he said he was his mate seen asthough we are all part of this community i thought we would all look out for each other tbh

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You could try the small claims court-you have proof of payment and no receipt for goods so you have a good chance of getting your money back and he may even settle with goods/cash rather than go to court.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
worth a try, police really wont bother unless its in the thousands but then again all they can do is log it. Do you know the guys address?
you could could try a small claims but again for such little money it will get ignored :(
How far does me live, see who on .org is near him and send the heavy's in!

·
Registered
562 Posts
First things first is the police.. They will not do anything but it will be on record. if they have had few issues with the same guy this my lead to an arrest so police first.

secondly, Small claims court.. take to the guy that recommended the guy to you to offer you more details about the guy. its a shame we live in such a society where he can do that and sleep well at night.

Next time, PLEASE use PAYPAL. The banks are Useless as they are tired around rules and laws. The police.. what can I say, Typical.

Just wish you luck.

·
Registered
mg_zr
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First things first is the police.. They will not do anything but it will be on record. if they have had few issues with the same guy this my lead to an arrest so police first.

secondly, Small claims court.. take to the guy that recommended the guy to you to offer you more details about the guy. its a shame we live in such a society where he can do that and sleep well at night.

Next time, PLEASE use PAYPAL. The banks are Useless as they are tired around rules and laws. The police.. what can I say, Typical.

Just wish you luck.
thanks i will try and i have told him i will be talking the matter further he said he doesnt give a **** sorry for words but thats what he said

·
Registered
844 Posts
It's why I always pay for something with Paypal Good's payment service, to get the buyer protection if the item is quite valuable. Pay the extra bit more to cover PayPal's charges, but atleast if something like this happens, you're completely covered.

But I know that's not much use to you now, but as what's been said maybe a small claims court is the best route.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
tbh, you will end up putting it down to experience.the sums are too small for police,and borderline for the hassle of court.the guy,this jacksparrow on here,should sort it for you really,if he is a friend of the guy you bought the bits off.he introduced him into the deal,and cannot just wash his hands of it. he has no excuse not to,for his own credibility on these forums alone,without the fact of doing the right thing for you.

·
Registered
mg_zr
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tbh, you will end up putting it down to experience.the sums are too small for police,and borderline for the hassle of court.the guy,this jacksparrow on here,should sort it for you really,if he is a friend of the guy you bought the bits off.he introduced him into the deal,and cannot just wash his hands of it. he has no excuse not to,for his own credibility on these forums alone,without the fact of doing the right thing for you.
i would because im yorkshire ill try sort it out

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.