MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im off out today to buy a GPS based camera thingy. My local Halfords has both the Snooper S4 and the Road Angel for the same price (£329.99) I was wondering if any of you guys have them and which you think is best.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
You know you can get "TomTom GO" sat nav with the speed camera overlay for the same price Chris ?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I'd get an Ipaq, tomtom and the speed camera Database. Why limit yourself to just a GPS device.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cost.. that lot is WAY to much, nearly as much as the car itself! The
Tomtom seems to be £100 more than the road angel and i have GPS software in my moto A1000 phone anyway, so i can use that for getting directions. Im only really interested in the speed camera part of it all.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Speed camera part is getting banned pretty soon anyway, so would be a complete waste of wonga IMO.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the GPS camera part i mean, lazer detectors are a waste of time anyway, by the time you are warned its to late.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I did my Ipaq 4150, 512Mb SD card, Bluetooth GPS receiver and software for all under £300 when I got all of mine, so can be done.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
I got the same setup as Stu thanks to Bazza, and its cracking. I payed less than 400, because i think the ipaq price went up didnt it Stu? Or did you get yours from abroad, i forget the reason?

Anyway, my friend got that snooper thing...
How long did it last?
1 week.

Its now going on ebay soon.

He just didnt like it, he is after the pda route now...

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know you can get software for just about any mobile computing device, including symbian phones, but the databases dont look very comprehensive to me. At least with the road angel type devices the database is updated regularly. Are the TomTom databases updated?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a road angel 2 find it fantastic had it about 1year no problems and no nip's either I've just bought a ipaq with tomtom complete kit for 297 inc vat and that also is fantastic (do not have speed camera database tho)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Amazon sell TomTom Go for £399 and theres some on ebay for £359 (new), so bound to be available cheaper if you're willing to shop around.

The pocketgps camera database is updated monthly, never seen a camera on the road that it hasn't warned me about yet :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts