MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove through some rather large puddles the other day and when i get into my car now i can smell what can only be described as wet cabbage. no water got into the cabin and i think it maybe coming from the air vents, where is the filter located and where does the air enter the system? Want to get rid of the smell as fast as possible... Never had this problem in any other car.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've searched on here and found the pollen filter lives behind the glove box. could it be this that needs replacing?

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Yeah, just replaced my filter.

To replace you need to remove the glove box. 2 screws underneath 8mm, remove them and slide the glove box down.

Next you need to remove the metal bar. 2 screws 7mm (I think), remove them and take out the bar. The filter sits in a housing just to the right, you remove the clip front and you will see the filter, just slide out and give the housing a good hoovering (use crevice tool). Replace a new filter (only go one way). Get a new filter from e-bay about (£10 to £12 ish).

Hope this helps.

Si:)

I DRIVE A...

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, just replaced my filter.

To replace you need to remove the glove box. 2 screws underneath 8mm, remove them and slide the glove box down.

Next you need to remove the metal bar. 2 screws 7mm (I think), remove them and take out the bar. The filter sits in a housing just to the right, you remove the clip front and you will see the filter, just slide out and give the housing a good hoovering (use crevice tool). Replace a new filter (only go one way). Get a new filter from e-bay about (£10 to £12 ish).

Hope this helps.

Si:)
Thanks ill give that a go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts