·
Registered
rover_75
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING NEWS: Smart ForMore SUV and Roadster axed in major reorganisation

01 Apr 2005Source: just-auto.com editorial team
Article Summary:
A “new business model” for the Smart brand, announced by DaimlerChrysler’s board on Friday, will see the Roadster model line axed and the end of development of the ForMore SUV, a model that would have been built in Brazil and headlined the ‘official’ launch of the brand in the United States.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
im not a fan of normal smart cars but i do think they have there uses, all beit there a little expensive. i quite like the roadster tho, well the brabus one! i even thought about swapping my tf for one not too long ago! i cant see any use for the for more tho. the two seater smart car def has uses tho it just costs too much!

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Yeah, my fiance loves the smart cars, but when you think that for the top of the range smart you can get a TF115 - the smart kinda looses any appeal it had!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
yeah its def a price thing - although they do seem to hold their value loads better than my tf has! lol i know i was looking at year old brabus ones, and they were still 14-15k which comparison to a tf160 in price! eeek! aftermg discount ofcourse! lol they do look super funky tho! i think its just cos tehre different - you either love em or hate em!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,103 Posts
Too bad about smart. It had a lot of promise, and in a bit different garb would not look out of place in the Rover line up. Especially the fourfour and roadster which are IMO quite good.

It's funny. Smart to my mind have the right end of the stick as far as practicality goes, and MINI has definately got the wrong end of that stick; but it looks nice.

It just goes to show that it matters what your car looks like...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't quite think the world was ready for the Smart car just yet. Maybe when we are all running out of petrol or something would have been better. Although there are a few small jap cars that have better MPG and 5 seats!

Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts