MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. took my 1.8i (chipped to 1.9) to italy last week 2798 miles round trip. ran like a dream except the following any advice would be welcome thanks.

1. pitched up at my old house now owned by a friend in magenta near milan.

on saturday decided to take the mrs to stresa. on the tangenziale around milan lights on is obgliatory. switched em on and dash light came on to tell me i had a blown bulb. no problem arrived at stresa checked the lights no blown bulbs BUT the o/s/r side light was showing on the indicator ???. the n/s was ok. anyway had a playaround and could not cure the problem. sunday turned on the lights all ok . v strange. then same thing happened again on wednesday ???. so i took out fuse number 8 switched on the side lights and put the fuse back in. light on dash went straight out. never to be seen again ?????.

2. on sunday came back over the simplon pass. stopped at simplon blick for a coffee. the lady who was serving came over and told me my alarm was going off. went outside and unlocked and then relocked the doors alarm went of again ended up leaving it unlocked whils we had a cuppa. any way when we set off all doors/ boot/bonnett etc where locked but light on dash was showing a door was open. as soon as i arrived in brigg the light went off never to bee seen again. am i right in thinking that this could be down to atmospheric pressure ???.

anybody else has these 2 small probs ??. thanks. brian

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Brian,
I'd guess the bulb failure is a number plate light. Worth a quick check.
As for the alarm, I had something similar many months ago. for me it turned out to be the boot sensor kept thinking the boot was open. The solution was to adjust the rubbers either side so it closed a bit more fully. 1 minute job with no tools and it solved the problem.

I can't recall the exact reason I pinpointed the boot. I *think* that when I locked the car it would unlock within 30 seconds and the boot would open. Again, worth a quick try

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks john. all number plate light are working. what is strange is that the o/s/r sidelight moved position to the indicator ??.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bulb not blown though or loose thats what is strange. bulb holder nice and tight (car is 2.5 yrs old). and when i took the fuse out and put it back in it cured the probem so far anyway fingers crossed and all that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts