MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
292 Posts
Couple of points, I was taught to use the ball of my foot when driving but if you think about it maybe I use the upper part of my ball whilst others may use the lower part of theirs causing a difference in overhang. I'm in no way suggesting changing a style of driving that is probably ingrained just looking for a cause.
Second point in my youth I was 8 1/2 shoe size then went to 9, having had a feeling my shoes were loose I now discover I'm an 8, maybe shoe specs have changed or I'm shrinking. Whatever the reason check that the shoes you wear are correct or buy a Landy you can drive them in flippers.

·
Registered
97 BRG MGF. 2009 SKODA SUPERB.
374 Posts
Couple of points, I was taught to use the ball of my foot when driving but if you think about it maybe I use the upper part of my ball whilst others may use the lower part of theirs causing a difference in overhang. I'm in no way suggesting changing a style of driving that is probably ingrained just looking for a cause.
Second point in my youth I was 8 1/2 shoe size then went to 9, having had a feeling my shoes were loose I now discover I'm an 8, maybe shoe specs have changed or I'm shrinking. Whatever the reason check that the shoes you wear are correct or buy a Landy you can drive them in flippers.
I agree, I was taught the same to use the ball of the foot and still drive that way. I am size 9, the only problem I get is catching the accelerator on braking when I drive in work boots. Regards. D4KGP.

·
Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For the benefit of ohnonotwins and anyone else who is interested, I have now modified a second-hand fascia trim panel in the correct colour, and the result gives me the clearance I need:
Jeans Comfort Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design

I have to wear a support stocking on my right leg to prevent Lymphedema, so I like to keep my R. leg as straight as possible. This means that I have the seat right back, and the steering-wheel at it's lowest position. The TF is now perfect, and gives me by far the most comfortable driving position of any car I have sat in. The straight leg means that my foot is probably more upright (vertical) than those who have no problems with this panel. I will be avoiding driving with the shoes in the picture, as it is still just about possible to get the tip of my toe stuck under the fuse box (see below), so the Moccasin-style "driving shoes" will be in use.
Jeans Shoe Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
97 BRG MGF. 2009 SKODA SUPERB.
374 Posts
Hi you must have extremely long legs if your right leg is straight in the pictures, but the cover looks better than the mock up you done before. Well done. Regards. D4KGP.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts