MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now need to buy another pair of 225/45 ZR continentals.

Micheldever Tyres in Winchester are fully fitted £248, my local dealer was near £400!

I have used Micheldever before and they take some time (last time i waited 2 hours) but have a nice big open waiting room and are so cheap i have found no one that can come close!

http://www.micheldever.co.uk/

·
Registered
135 Posts
Were they 18"? Called my local tyre dealer last week about tyres (hmm, obviously!), quoted me £113 each all-in on Contis. Was pushing the Kuhmos at £94 but when I said I had them on the front and wasn't impressed he told me I was the first person to ever to complain about the Kuhmos, was very surprised as they're a big seller.

Anyway, my point was the cost of the Contis, think Tyre Sales wanted nearer £170 each. Bloody D ick Turpins!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would highly recommend www.blackcircles.com

They only have the M3 variant conti on there at present, but there shouldn't be any problem with these at all. They are £145.32 a corner, inc VAT, fully fitted & balanced.

You order online, and they then ship them out to an independent fitter that you nominate, so you can book in for the following day. They've got 900 or so fitters, so you probably won't need to travel far.

If Grendel's local fitter was quoting £113 all in including VAT and fitting, then we should all make a direct line to Brum :D Otherwise, these guys are pretty good!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Womble said:
I would highly recommend www.blackcircles.com
I thought the same when i got a quote from them but when i rang the fitting centre which they recommended they gave me a price saving of £13 per tyre, this must be blackcircles cut for booking you in.

Womble said:
They only have the M3 variant conti on there at present, but there shouldn't be any problem with these at all.
Wants wrong with the M3's these where fitted from the factory ?.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had some M3 225/45/18's fitted at Micheldever last month - cost me £126 and afewc pennies each (fitted, balanced,valves etc). - Just over £252 per pair. Have they gone down in price?
Anyway, the reason for me putting my oar in is that I went to the local ATS and they offered a pair of fronts to match the price of the rears replaced at Micheldever. - provided that I bring in the receipt for the rears as proof.
I am sure that you would be able to do the biz without an actual receipt - possibly by ringing Micheldever whilst you are at the ATS shop. Worth a try!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Tootall said:
I thought the same when i got a quote from them but when i rang the fitting centre which they recommended they gave me a price saving of £13 per tyre, this must be blackcircles cut for booking you in.

Wants wrong with the M3's these where fitted from the factory ?.
Ooh! That first part is interesting! I must try that next time :D

For the second part, I'm not saying anything is wrong with them. I just assumed that they maybe had a different tread pattern or something to justify the fact that they are supposedly "uniquely developed for the M3". If in fact they are the same as the factory fitted rubber, then that's great!

Cheers,

Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts