MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Exhibit number 1

White only

Black only

Don't know why the one white line and circle show up as white as when I save it as a transparency it is well transparent, after uploading it to PB they turn white??

Simon

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thats the sort of thing I'm after but I think the R is lost in the 'sweep' of it all.

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah I'm liking that Simon! :) The R is miles better but could still do with a little tweaking for it to be perfect.

This'll look good on our letterheads.

Colour-wise, could you have a look at our website www.rwgale.co.uk - I could do with one logo in our company blue colour and one perhaps in yellow. You'll see what I mean when you see our trucks.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Blue and yellow single colour, need to think about the R design, any suggestions of how you envisage it to look?

Simon

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Do you know what your colours are for CMYK at all Dave? As the colours can be shown differently on different monitors?I have just picked the nearest blue and yellow from the CMYK swatches.

Simon

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looking good. Our blue colour is (I think) a BL Lipari Blue - can you find a colour match from that?

Many thanks Simon, I think we're nearly there............

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Should be able to get an approximate colour for that when I'm at home again.

Will try and remember when I get home.

You might need to nudge me in case I forget tomorrow if I haven't updated it.

Simon

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Redone with a colour as close to Lipari blue as I can guess by using the eydropper on a Mini in Lipari blue picture. If you can find out either the RGB or CMYK value from a paint shop for example then I could change it to the exact correct colour.

I can send you this via email as an .EPS file for printers to resize etc and create JPEG's for you if you need them at certain sizes and colours.

Simon

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
I think you should have another go at the dotted lines on the road in the R, the perspective doesn't work properly due to the bottom dot not being long enough, you can make the ones further up shorter exponentially, plus on the coloured images I suspect they would be better solid instead of just outlines at the distance people are likely to look at them from...

Plus, why is the t shorter than the l and d in ltd? Maybe it should be but looks slightly untidy to me...

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
No worries Dave that looks like it should be good if it is near the colour your after. Should be able to try it tomorrow night.

Windy well spotted the L in Ltd should be a capital and it isn't. Need to change that, and look at the dotted line as in lighter colours it will be lost. Good point about the perspective too will play with that too. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Simon

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Windy well spotted the L in Ltd should be a capital and it isn't.
Ahh, that is what is wrong, I knew it didn't look right!

I did wonder if the dots should get narrower into the distance as well as shorter but I think they would then get lost at normal viewing distance since it is quite a large logo. You don't need to get the perspective right, just consistant.

Presumably there should also be a dot after the second initial.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts