MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the last EuroNCAP results, I was wondering why the 25 doesn't have side airbags. Aren't they located in the front seats in the 45? What's the engineering/financial problem to put them in the 25 as well?
And of course, why the 45 is not even listed in the EuroNCAP results? They only have the old Civic, which gets three stars (one "flagged") without side airbags...

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
LatinRover said:
Looking at the last EuroNCAP results, I was wondering why the 25 doesn't have side airbags. Aren't they located in the front seats in the 45? What's the engineering/financial problem to put them in the 25 as well?
And of course, why the 45 is not even listed in the EuroNCAP results? They only have the old Civic, which gets three stars (one "flagged") without side airbags...
I think the 45 has the seats from the 75 so thereby gets side airbags. The 25 uses different (thinner) seats so doesn't benefit from the side airbags - I may be wrong though

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
RichardK said:
I think the 45 has the seats from the 75 so thereby gets side airbags. The 25 uses different (thinner) seats so doesn't benefit from the side airbags - I may be wrong though
The 45 no longer has 75 seats, but they are still different to the 25's. They could put the 45 seats in the 25 but i'm not sure it's that simple, the bag has to inflate properly etc so they are designed specifically for the car in which they are located.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The other problem is just like the Metro and 100 and the early 45's. If you fit seats from a bigger car they rob more rear space. One of the 25's criticisms is the rear space. So it would be a band thing to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts