MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody birds having their dawn chorus at 2:45 am!!! WTF!!!

I need to get myself a gun, or a big pet eagle!!!

Arrgghhhhhhhh

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Missus was moaning about the birds this morning. Personally they don't affect me at all. :) I guess that's not helping :lol:

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Birds in chirping shocker :wtf:

Chin up, someone near us has a poxy Cock, and the bloody thing any-cock'll-doos from 2.30am until lunchtime, its still doing it now.

I'm going to drop Bob over the fence and let him snack on it.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Chin up, someone near us has a poxy Cock, and the bloody thing any-cock'll-doos from 2.30am until lunchtime, its still doing it now.
Well I know that problem. We have a kennels in the next garden to us with dogs barking and cats mewling and Foxes roaming and screaming. Another neighbour has chickens and 3 cockrels that crown night and day. We are in the area of the parrot infestation with approx 6000 nesting nearby sqwauking and ****ting on the cars. Wood peckers trying to bring down the trees in the garden and the rest of the dawn chorus joining in.
With all that wildlife you might be forgiven for thinking we live in the country, but we live in a simple semi in a london borough.

Actually apart from the foxes and the bloody kennels I don't mind the rest.

·
Registered
36,379 Posts
I've been used to seeing foxes at dusk.

Now the foxes are roaming backwards and forwards in broad daylight!

:bb:

I did ask someone what the capital of Paraguay was and she said "don't the paraguays roost at Esher Rugby Club in Hersham?"

:slap:

(a paraguay yesterday)

SQUAWK!

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
I've been used to seeing foxes at dusk.

Now the foxes are roaming backwards and forwards in broad daylight!
Three foxes sunbath in our garden and dont even bother to get up unles you make a direct and speedy direct line toward them. Then they just hop over the fence, wait a bit and come back and sit down. Vile creatures stick, **** everywhere and dig up the garden.

Now where's that 10 year old with his shotgun licence :)

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Well I know that problem. We have a kennels in the next garden to us with dogs barking and cats mewling and Foxes roaming and screaming. Another neighbour has chickens and 3 cockrels that crown night and day. We are in the area of the parrot infestation with approx 6000 nesting nearby sqwauking and ****ting on the cars. Wood peckers trying to bring down the trees in the garden and the rest of the dawn chorus joining in.
With all that wildlife you might be forgiven for thinking we live in the country, but we live in a simple semi in a london borough.

Actually apart from the foxes and the bloody kennels I don't mind the rest.
Same problem here, we have a huge park behind our house and the woodpecker and those squealing green parrots live in the tree behind my window, its enough to drive you mental sometimes.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Same problem here, we have a huge park behind our house and the woodpecker and those squealing green parrots live in the tree behind my window, its enough to drive you mental sometimes.
I guess that should be no real surprise as you obviously live no more than 5 miles from me based on your profile location. As Pat says Esher Rugny club is the epicentre of the bloody parrots. Well there and in the Plane tree on the pavement in front of our house :(

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,443 Posts
Modern life is to blame for birds choruses starting earlier,Light pollution is to blame even in rural areas if you look up in the sky you will see everywhere the familiar orange glow of distant street lights,motorways industrial estates even private houses are lit up like christmas trees all through the night,in the last twenty years towns have doubled and even quadrupled in size which means more lampposts more private lighting and the shrinking of the birds natural habitat so it is no surprise this is occuring.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Modern life is to blame for birds choruses starting earlier,Light pollution is to blame even in rural areas if you look up in the sky you will see everywhere the familiar orange glow of distant street lights,motorways industrial estates even private houses are lit up like christmas trees all through the night,in the last twenty years towns have doubled and even quadrupled in size which means more lampposts more private lighting and the shrinking of the birds natural habitat so it is no surprise this is occuring.
Sorry, have to disagree. I've lived in this house for 10 years, and there's been no more light pollution in this area. NO new developments etc (i love next to the sea...there's no new houses in the sea :lol:). This is the first time they have been out singing at that time at this time of year...fair enough in summer we dont get much in the way of darkness up here (the sky never gets dark in mid-summer here), but its March! This week has been unusual (maybe the large moon earlier in the week??)!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts