MG-Rover.org Forums banner
4841 - 4858 of 4858 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's how it stands, had to rush it back on the road on Wednesday as my other car was on its last leg's.
As you can see the front bumper is painted, it's a bumper rejuvenation spray I get from my local spray shop and it looks great.
Also smoothed the badge off, tinted headlights and fog light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but I'm about to inherit my grandfather's MG ZR1 as a first car. I really want to learn more about it (in order to treat it properly). I'm waiting for my license to be issued, so up to this point I've only parked it around, therefore I'm open for any tips and advice. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Nice clean car as it looks. Congrats! (y)
Regarding tips, have a close look on the top three heads of chapters of the ZR/25/200 section (How To & the like).
Enjoy it when you've got the license in the pocket: meanwhile you may have a go for all the mandatory services.

Reactions: Jolomaho

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice clean car as it looks. Congrats! (y)
Regarding tips, have a close look on the top three heads of chapters of the ZR/25/200 section (How To & the like).
Enjoy it when you've got the license in the pocket: meanwhile you may have a go for all the mandatory services.
Will do, thanks a lot! Service wise it does have a lot to get sorted 😅

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure how this thing works but Heres mine lol.

So its my first car But it has turned in to a project car. So i bought it for scrap value because the sills were non existent. So the stuff i have done to it since owning it is clean up the exterior interior and engine bay and underside of the car to get to know it.

I removed the wings and jacked the car up and removed the rust from the wings and removed as many of the massive dints as i could from both wings. Everything has been sprayed with rubber underbody seal including the inside of the wings and behind the bumpers, Sub frame, wheel wells and the cills.

I swapped the radio out because i wanted to listen to stopit by fisher one time. I cleaned up some scrapes Swapped the grill from the chrome one to the MG grill from a brakers yard of a diesel 2l MG rover in Poland. Patched the cills on both sides that had rusted though and would have costed like 600 or somethin quid to have done by a garage.

My sister decided to go paint the springs red. Thought it might look gange but it dun look terrible lmao. My mate got 2 cans that will work as catch cans from the rocker cover.

Swapped the wing to an MG wing, Swapped the plastic gearknob for a BMW E46 custom knob which feels way nicer in my opinion. And it is sitting on some TSW 15inch wheels that were sent to me. Please gimme suggestions on what i should do next i absolutely love this car. So funny to engine swap it to a Honda jazz engine with a k20 pulsar tubro lmfaooo that would be the dream. I do need to sort the wheels as the threds are not long enough and the screws have only gone on with 5 turns which is pritty sus i think unless it is fine. I wanna do a cat back on it get an unrestricted throttle for the 104BHP extra boost and a front splitter or somethin to fix the fact that at motorway speeds the steering feels verry light. If anyone could help with that situation would help. Wanna also change the wheel to a ding quick relece wheel and in the future defo get a bucket seat and 4 point harness in because i can if i want to i guess.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fitted a sun strip and got some DOHC stickers because why not for thoes who dont know and for some reason wanna know more It is a Rover 25 with a ZR grill and wing.

I have cleaned up the exterior to make it look better then what is was as it was dented and rotten which if i went to do it my self would have costed around a thousand pounds for some mad reason.

I swapped the radio out to a JVC one temporarily until i retrofit somethn with a screen and carplay/android auto.

To stop any future rust it has been rubber sprayed behind the bumpers and wings and the underside too.

swapped some parts out like the gearknob to give a nicer feel rather then the plastic on that was in there before. It as TSW Alpine 15 wheels from another dudes project car.

The K series only sun strip for a honda, Same with the DOHC stickers but there kinda true to this too which is kinda funny but also seem to suit it on my opinion. Last one is the Kyrostar quick disconnect whitch i use as an emobolisor and because why not.)
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Bumper Font

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Car Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Attachments

4841 - 4858 of 4858 Posts