MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a very impressive event outlined for Monday which shows support for the 6100 employees at Longbridge. Showing support within the West Midlands is all very well, but we already know the support that is there in that part of the world.

I wonder whether we could get a hundred or so cars together and head into London next weekend. The idea would be to get us noticed somewhere outside of the West Midlands. The problem is without a very large number of people it would look silly, And also it could be too late I guess :(

Before I actually suggest something definite what are people's thoughts on this idea? :hyper:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had been thinking the same thing.
It would need to be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE convoy, or it would be a joke.

We could do a whistle stop tour of:
Westminster (Campaign to find investment in MGR, save the workforce)
The Palace (Why didn't you buy MGR? - they should be tried for treason)
Investment banks (Buy MG(R), you know it makes sense, look at the followers)
BBC (just to get on TV)
Carefully selected Press HQ's (the Sun would be one)

The front of the convoy should consist of celebrities in the flagship models.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
We have the perfect opportunity on May 5th to make big changes in London, make your vote count and remove Blair's Government who have managed to destroy MG Rover in just 5 days !

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gnnw196 said:
I had been thinking the same thing.
It would need to be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE convoy, or it would be a joke.
Agree completely. We seem to be strugging to get 100 cars for the Longbridge meet, and that's probably a lot easier to get to for most people. This would needs hundreds and hundreds!!!

The advantage with this idea though is it would be on a weekend, and there would be more notice for people to plan it in.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
*DLN* said:
We have the perfect opportunity on May 5th to make big changes in London, make your vote count and remove Blair's Government who have managed to destroy MG Rover in just 5 days !
And which party would have done any different? They have all agreed that the end was nigh and none of them, NONE OF THEM, backed pouring money into MGR.

MGR bled to death over 30 years, not 5 days.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts

Yup, but I suspect that 5 May 2005 could be too late :irked: In summary, I like the idea of doing something in London and it could work rather well if we could have a sea of MGs amd Rover driving down the Mall :)

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
pete T

Demonstrating is fine, but the Government can really do nothing.
We however can.
It is feasable to form a new company, selling shares to supporters (us) to raise capital to buy out Rover. It would take a lot but there are a lot of people who want to see Rover survive.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
xerif said:
And which party would have done any different? They have all agreed that the end was nigh and none of them, NONE OF THEM, backed pouring money into MGR.

MGR bled to death over 30 years, not 5 days.
Nobody asked for money to be poured into MGR, all that was required was a LOAN that MGR would have paid back.

No gifts !

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mean to sound miserable but in 8 posts we've gone from showing some support in central London to an argument about politics :twak: Get back on topic :)

Next Saturday, central London at 1pm. Who's coming? I want to see at least 150 names otherwise let's forget the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts