MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Should Ms. Hewitt (Minister for Trade and Industry) Resign?

• Yes

Votes: 174 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 9.4%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should Patricia Hewitt resign with immediate effect after announcing that MGR had called in the receivers, when in fact they had apparently done no such thing?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
No, she should be sacked - ignominously and very publically.
With a bit of luck we'll be able to do it on May 5th, if Bliar hasn't done it first.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Get her out, stupid bitch that she is...

In fact I think the who DTi should be dispanded, they're a bunch of incompetant arses anyway...

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
One expects a higher standard from such an official. I simply do not care about any political standings of anyone who reads this, but a mistake like that is simply inexcusable, regardless of the political party.

As has been said above, this could cost people their jobs, that is an issue far far to serious to 'sweep under the carpet'.

CAM

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Official statement from the government (don't know which bit but not Hewitt) is that Hewitts statement is correct and they have official word from the highest authority of the directors of MGR.
Now given the reports say that Towers says otherwise to this news, you're left to wonder who the government are talking to.
It's all very odd and there's something not quite adding up.

I think it's safe to say that in general this has been a HUGE **** up all round for labour and not just that one statement, to make a screw up like this so close to an election is almos un heard of. Is Tony really that confident about May, perhaps he has been getting election tips from President Bush, we all know how he got elected.

EDIT: The fact of the matter is, and i'm glad to say the news reports are empthasising this, if MGR ARE in receivership Hewitt had no right to announce this it's for the directors of a private company only to do so. IF MGR are NOT in receivership then the statement made by Hewitt has almost certainly sealed it a certainty that MGR will now HAVE to go into receivership.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bazzer: We're in APRIL now (take a look at your signature!)

UKIP is where my X is going. And yes. She should go. Tomorrow and not a moment later.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Typical politician.
1+1=100 million.
Er hey if Rover call in the administrators then we don't need to give them a loan for 100 million.
Man what a b1tch.
She should be sacked without a doubt!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that this was hurried along nice and early so as to minimise the negative effect on Labours re-election campaign? Sorry to be cynical..

Yes of course she should resign, but whereas before when ministers resigned they faded away for at least a decade, most of Labours seem to resign, admit no wrongdoing, go on the back benches for a year, than get reapointed. Just look at Boomerang Mandleson. So is there any point in her resigning at all?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If MGR have not yet called in the receivers and her statement is wrong, then she has to resign immediately. Once again a complete **** up by a Government made up of a bunch of amateurs. It may only have been a simple slip of the tongue but its potentially cost thousands of jobs and the closure of a great company that makes the only cars I want to buy!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts