MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new to the group and was trying to look about for a short throw shifter as I feel like i have to make quite a distance when changing gear and just want to make my shifts feel smoother and quicker.
Although I couldn't find a lot that looked reliable. If anyone knows or has a short throw installed then it would be much appreciated to let me know where you got it from and if youre happy with it Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I use the dark ice kit on my track car. It's a MK2 tho so too stop the gear linkage rods rubbing I've had to hit them up and pinch them flat otherwise 5th and reverse are a nightmare

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,218 Posts
There are different gearboxes on the 25/ZR depending on engine size and build year - short shifters for the PG1 fitted to the 1.8 litre petrols and the diesels have been fitted quite often and there are quite a few posts on the forum relating to them (use the forum advanced search and look for 'short+shifter' in the 25/ZR section of the forum).

Dark Ice Designs do both PG1 short shifters and one for the R65 (fitted to petrol engines up to 1.6 litres until April 2003), but I'm not sure what there is for the IB5 fitted to those smaller petrols from 2003 on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts