MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm possibly going to be trekking over to see TSautos to get some parts to vinyl, and thought it would be a good chance to have a meeting and get a few other members involved,

this would be on saturday 18th if Terry can make it.

so, i'm not too great at planning, but i'll give it a go.
methinks St James Retail park looks like a good one to head for, plenty of parking (hopefully) and a pizza hut (i know we all live on junk food... go on, admit it.)
i'm hoping it's free parking, pizza hut certainly should be.

St. James Retail Park, Towcester Road
Northampton NN1 1EE
Get Directions
01604 603 666

:eek: don't like the end of that phone number. (it's the restaurant number, not mine) :lol:

confirmed, aiming for 1pm as a start, no worries if anyone's a bit late, i might not make it quite on time depending on other circumstances, also will be waiting for Terry and Moneyzzz to turn up sometime later.

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IN... And matrix you cant have my lights lol
:( oh, i've got all my tools ready an evyfink :(

if we have 5 or more people who can make it, then it might as well go ahead,

if TS can't make it, and we can get someone local to him coming, then we might be able to bribe them to bring the parts over... now, where did that bag of haribo end up???

just realised that i'm the longest serving forumeer on the thread so far. :lol:

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
almost guarantee i'll have the slowest Zed :lol:
a slow K-series is as good as an average Vauxhall. My 211 8v bubble was quicker than a 1.4 mk3 Astra... and i was being gentle because it was cold.
Ah i know that, the saxo's are easy pickings, even vtrs (probably aided by them being loaded with drugs booze and having massive spoilers (drag), cone filters (heatsoak) and exhausts ( zilch gas flow velocity).

Couldnt do the same with a standard vts though.

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
around midday, i understand most people will have work friday, so if we aim for 13:00 (1pm) that should give people time to clean their cars off quick in the morning.

just been informed by moonmanmike that there's another event on at silverstone the same weekend, so looks like most of the f/tf lot will be going to that
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=367159

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im the longest member now :) haha
not going to ask for proof on that :err:

might aswell go with it now, if we get 5 MGR's turn up it'll be a bigger turn out than the only other meet i've been to :rofl:

seems that when meets are mentioned closer to me that there's no interest... oh well, 90 minute drive it is then :lol:

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet, Moneyzzzz probably won't be about 'till about 4:30 - 5:00 ish, and i don't think people will be running off too quick, so it shouldn't be a wasted journey.

now got 3 cardboard tubes in my room, the guys at underground graphics must think i'm mad :lol:

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Not sure on this, as i never tend to plan that far ahead. Wife is in hospital on the friday, so will see how she is on the saturday.

BTW, I am the longest in this thread :dddc:

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok Dave, hope your other half is ok then, see you if you make it :broon:

v-man, no worries, i might try and arrange for another meet sometime, seems there's a good bit of interest around the area, just no-one willing to kick it off, seems you and the f/tf guys are gonna be busy with BBQ's and such for the weekend, have a good un :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
554 Posts
Just confirming with Higgman wether we're going, but if Moneyzzz is going i'll probly end up going in covoy with him wether Higgman goes or not. Have to make sure that people are still there at like 5.30 though.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts