MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F is in need of a service but not sure where to take it as I've only had it 3 weeks. Do I take it to my nearest Rover dealer place or to my local (non specific manufacturer) garage which I've been using for years?

Are there any benefits of going to 'proper' dealer garage? I know there labour rates would prob be higher than my local, but maybe they would also be quicker as more experienced? However, I know my local has worked on Fs before as I saw one there last week when I took my other car in for MOT.

So who should I take it to?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
If you have found a garage that you are happy with and they are happy to service an F then I would use them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
My F is in need of a service but not sure where to take it as I've only had it 3 weeks. Do I take it to my nearest Rover dealer place or to my local (non specific manufacturer) garage which I've been using for years?

Are there any benefits of going to 'proper' dealer garage? I know there labour rates would prob be higher than my local, but maybe they would also be quicker as more experienced? However, I know my local has worked on Fs before as I saw one there last week when I took my other car in for MOT.

So who should I take it to?
you should have done it today you silly!

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't think anyone was offering to show cam belt changes....

Can't believe i'm posting on here at stupid o'clock for the 2nd day running :daft:

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back from being serviced. Dr Dave did a fantastic job :broon:

Thanks Dave - see you soon for breaks and bushes ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts