MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know of any good outfits in the Durham (preferably) area who I could take my ZT turbo to for its 3 year service ?
I used to take my old Rover (420i) to a local independant, but last time there (for a service + cambelt) I was very concerned that the 'mechanics' who worked on my car appeared as though they should have been at school. A friend of mine who knew the boss there said that he had to drive the cars in an out of the workshop because no-one else had I license ! And I had just let them loose on my car. Anyway the cam belt was noisy (too tight) and most of the bolts on the timing cover was missing so it had to go back......needless to say, the ZT won't be going there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
0 Posts
hi
im in darlington and i use willcan motors hes a bit of a 75 nut and knows everything you need to know!!
i also reccomend sg petch they are reasonably priced and ex rover so they know what they are doing they are in bishop auckland and darlington.

dont know of anyone further north sorry!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
tried sg in langley moor as it is just 3 miles from my house.....what an unhelpfull bunch of people! I now use masterclutch in Durham city as the mechanic there is highly regarded and has also looked after my vans for a number of years and I trust him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts