MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice as to how much I should expect to pay for a service for my TF.

First registered on 31/5/02 and has Full history including a Full Service last year (and an extra one from the Vauxhall Dealer I bought it from two months later).

Like I said what sort of price should the next one be? and is there anything I should ask them to - ie cam belt etc etc

WJUK

ps - Haven't driven the car for 9 weeks because of a broken collar bone and just realised MOT run out last week - oopps but what can I do

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,185 Posts
The cam belt should have been done last year, if not then it needs doing ASAP.

If you need the full cam belt service then budget on around £500, if that has been done then don't pay more then around £150 as it's not much more then an oil change.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cam belt should have been done last year, if not then it needs doing ASAP.

If you need the full cam belt service then budget on around £500, if that has been done then don't pay more then around £150 as it's not much more then an oil change.
Thanks Chris

Anyway of telling if the Cambelt has been done?

Couldn't see any space for it on the service book although it was done at a MG Rover dealer - perhaps they could tell me?

WJUK

·
Registered
cityrover
1,854 Posts
My (ex MGR) dealer has put a nice shiny sticker on the access flap to the dipstick/expansion tank with the date/mileage of the cambelt change, and wrote it in the service book.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I would contact them and they should have a copy of the invoice.
Hi Chris

Gave them a ring and they are no longer a Rover/MG Dealer and could only bring up the basic info on the service including mileage 26218 and price paid - £562. This was for the 60000 service btw.

Not sure if that would include the belt though?

Last shot is I have the previous owners number from 118 118 so might give her a call this evening.

LMK what you think anyway or of any other way of checking (visually).

WJUK

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,185 Posts
At that price it would (I hope) include the belt.

I don't think there is anyway of checking the age of the belt, but a phone call my help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At that price it would (I hope) include the belt.

I don't think there is anyway of checking the age of the belt, but a phone call my help.
No answer at the moment but I guess they are at work - will try tonight.

Been given a quote of £130 for Basic Service and then £100 + cost of Cambelt kit IF I need it doing. He wasn't sure of the exact price - any idea's?

Guy is an ex MGR employee with own business recommended on the F Register boards - seems very knowledgable and interested too.

Will let u know about the phone call - MOT today too - fingers x

WJUK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts