MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to sell my MT ZT-T sometime during the next 4-6 weeks - the lure of work providing me with a company car and maintaining it for me has proved too much!

This may sound like a daft question but as I've never sold a car privately before please indulge me. I'm a little unsure of how best to proceed or even how to work out what I should ask for it and I'm looking for a little advice from members of the forum.

The car is a 54 Reg MG "facelift" ZT-T 135+ CDTi.

If I'm honest I'd love to just keep it but I can't justify leaving it sat around.

If you are able to help or point me in the right direction then thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
It's a good thing you are only asking for advice, and not actually trying to *sell* the car here. That would be against the rules...

So I would suggest getting a copy of Autotrader and seeing what similar cars go for, then advertise it there. Or in some other similar publication. Or your local paper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry - I'm most definitely not trying to sell it here.

And if I shouldn't have asked about here then I'll remove it.

I am just after advice, my main concern is where do I look to find out a realistic asking price.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
You don't mention mileage but assuming it's done about 20k I'd guess at something around £9,995. Take a look around at what any dealers are asking for a similar model and pitch it £1000-£1500 lower.

Take some *good* photos (not a camera phone!) write a nice advert and stick it in the Autotrader. An ebay Classified or BuyItNow is also worth a punt. If you get no interest after 2-3 weeks at all drop it by £500 and try again.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Sorry - I'm most definitely not trying to sell it here.
For the pricely sum of £3 you could spend your money a lot worse than advertising it here. I know there's at least one person on this forum looking for a ZT CDTi right now.

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I am going to sell my MT ZT-T sometime during the next 4-6 weeks - the lure of work providing me with a company car and maintaining it for me has proved too much!

This may sound like a daft question but as I've never sold a car privately before please indulge me. I'm a little unsure of how best to proceed or even how to work out what I should ask for it and I'm looking for a little advice from members of the forum.

The car is a 54 Reg MG "facelift" ZT-T 135+ CDTi.

If I'm honest I'd love to just keep it but I can't justify leaving it sat around.

If you are able to help or point me in the right direction then thanks in advance.
SJL I've sent you a PM with some advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts