1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a lot of talk about thefts etc... and the mgf / tf not the most
secure of cars i was just wondering what extra security does everyone
else use

I use a disklock and on the drive i have a security post.

m

·
Registered
30,833 Posts
my garage! and lock up areas! other than that nothing. never had any problems either with my tf or any of my other cars. fingers crossed. oh and common sense - ie i dont go in shops and leave the hood down. i park it in sensible areas. i dont leave it on other peoples drives over night unless i know its a decent area. and then i usually get them to drive behind me blocking me onto the drive.

·
Registered
mgf
5,489 Posts
I have a car that only appeals to the joy rider, not the professional car thief. My F is so distinctive that a professional wouldn't be able to sell it on as is and there are so few standard parts on it these days they would also have trouble selling it for spares.

The downside to this policy is that it now appeals more to the impulse joy rider type thief. However it turns heads wherever it goes and i am acutely aware when i'm driving it that it's a target for the Police, so only a complete idiot would steal her just for a joy ride - unfortunately joy riders tend to be complete idiots :(

I suppose my main security device is the amount of time i drive her. Scarlet is only used for fun stuff these days, so the exposure to potential thieves is quite limited.

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
I use a 4tress Silver Steering Lock, Other than that nothing above the standard MGR Stuff.

I am also going to fit a Led Alarm Display in a few weeks, My mate picked a couple up for a Tenner each. They look similar to the 'Knight Rider' light on the front of the trans-am, but are White LED.

·
Registered
mg_tf
170 Posts
.............I've tried to make my other half sleep in it overnight - no joy yet but its only a matter of time before she gives in - oh yes - perhaps just before the next sales start in her favourite clothes shop...... :devil2:

l0necl0ne
<whittyTag "wibble"< </whittyTag>

·
Registered
191 Posts
Clifford G5 alarm with duel proximity sensors. I.E. put your face to the glass and it gives warning bleeps, keep doing it will go off. Also got the thingy where if you manange to by-pass the 2 imobiliser circuits and the remote wireless fuel cut off when you get 500m down the road it will cut out and alarm will sound.

Having had 3 of my last 4 cars stolen or broken into i dont want to take chances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.