MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is it worth going to a MG/xpart garage for the second year service for the dealer stamp or as is there no point paying the extra or it and just take it to my local garage
been quoted about £200.0 from the nearest MG place
guess local garage will be £150 to £100

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i have a policy with all newsih cars - basic service at dealers to get the stamp - any work that needs doing, take it elsewhere. That way you're getting good value for stamps if you know what i mean

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,477 Posts
It depends what your local garage will do for the price i.e. will the service follow the MGR check sheet? Who ever does it make sure that they don’t empty and refill the coolant but make sure you have the brake fluid changed and the grease nipples done on the front suspension.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
I used to believe in dealer services on new'ish cars until MGR went belly up when my car was 11 months old.

First service done (very well) by Brown & Gammons in Baldock; second service done (very well and followed the MGR sheet I left them) by small general garage 50m from my desk. Both stamped the book as "in accordance with ..." and both would have saved me money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts