MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, couple of quick questions:

1. On a 2004 facelift 45 hatch, there are three plastic clips in the back seat to stow the seat belt buckles (the buckles clip on to the clips when not in use). Are these removable / replaceable?

2. Will the seats from any other vehicles (e.g. Honda, wedge R8) fit this car?

Ta.
--
JB

·
Registered
mg_zs
490 Posts
1. - yes, you can get replacements from Rimmer Bros. Bit of a pain to do though by all accounts.

2. Possibly - but if you're doing this to get a three point harness in the centre seat then the mounting points etc for the seat back may not be strong enough.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too bothered about the three-point centre belt, I was just curious to see if my old 214SEi seats would fit in this car. I know it's unlikely, as they are completely different cars from the ground up, but you never know what bits of design get carried over to save time.

As for the seat belt buckle clips, has anyone fitted them? They look like they just pierce the fabric and grip like a rivet from behind, which sounds quite tricky to replicate without taking the whole seat apart.

·
Registered
240 Posts
With a bit of fiddling around, they can be done from the front without taking the seat apart. They are actually made up of two parts which clip together. The bit you see (and break) clips into a rectangular retainer. I have managed to get this to pull out through the foam and seat cover without causing damage. Fiddly but possible.

·
Registered
Rover 620ti
3,020 Posts
i have replaced plenty of these seat belt buckle clips before, and every single one has broken on me, its pretty much impossible to get them out without breaking them, so either buy them new offa rimmer bros or ebay, or simply go to your local scrappy and slip some in your pockets, then just glue them together on your seats

Acessing them iusnt so bad, just peel back the seat cover from the foam and push one half of the clip into the recess on the foam, then with your other hand press the clip into the other half you are holding (make sure its the right way around!) then push the seat cover back into its groove

removing them altogether would lewave holes in the seat, so i wouldnt reccomend that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts