MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my seats in the 25.....as the drivers side back rest right side has a hole ripped in the leather, and the foam is disintegrating.

Is it a straight swap for the Rover 25 seats to the 200 seats?
Does the 200 drivers seat have a height adjuster like the 25?

If not, is it easy to remove the foam from the 200 seat, and put it on the 25 seat?

I also have brand new leather genuine Rover 25 seat covers to put on the drivers seat.....is it easy to replace?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I am looking to replace my seats in the 25.....as the drivers side back rest right side has a hole ripped in the leather, and the foam is disintegrating.

Is it a straight swap for the Rover 25 seats to the 200 seats?
Does the 200 drivers seat have a height adjuster like the 25?

If not, is it easy to remove the foam from the 200 seat, and put it on the 25 seat?

I also have brand new leather genuine Rover 25 seat covers to put on the drivers seat.....is it easy to replace?
It is a straight swap mate :)
The only thing you might have to do is swap the pre-tensioners over though :) 2 secs of a job though

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm....does anyone think that a 1996 Rover 200 seat would provide better support than my current sagging 2002 Rover 25 drivers seat?...and would you buy before checking them out first?

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Hmmm....does anyone think that a 1996 Rover 200 seat would provide better support than my current sagging 2002 Rover 25 drivers seat?...and would you buy before checking them out first?
I put MK3 200 bubble seats into my R25, they are for more comfortable, than standard R25 ones.

I then changed them for 1/2 leathers from a MK2 214sei, lovely and comfortable.

I did the fronts, and the rears for both changes i did.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put MK3 200 bubble seats into my R25, they are for more comfortable, than standard R25 ones.

I then changed them for 1/2 leathers from a MK2 214sei, lovely and comfortable.

I did the fronts, and the rears for both changes i did.

Cheers
Dave
I was thinking of swapping the foam from the 200 seats to my 25 seats, as I don't think the ones I am looking at is height adjustable. Then add the new leather covers

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I was thinking of swapping the foam from the 200 seats to my 25 seats, as I don't think the ones I am looking at is height adjustable. Then add the new leather covers
Probably more hassle than it is worth really.

If you're going to do that, might as well get ZR or SEi seats.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably more hassle than it is worth really.

If you're going to do that, might as well get ZR or SEi seats.

Cheers
Dave
I would prefer full leathers though like my car currently has....just with better support for me bum n back

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Just do what Dave and I have done, get down the scrappy - or hunting on Ebay - and buy a pair of Rover 200 Tomcat Coupe front seats (same as Mk2 200SEi seats). They are similar to Recaro's and excellently comfortable and adjustable.

They also bolt straight up to the bolt holes in the floorpan, but you will have to sort out the pretensioners.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Just do what Dave and I have done, get down the scrappy - or hunting on Ebay - and buy a pair of Rover 200 Tomcat Coupe front seats (same as Mk2 200SEi seats). They are similar to Recaro's and excellently comfortable and adjustable.

They also bolt straight up to the bolt holes in the floorpan, but you will have to sort out the pretensioners.
Bet you've not done the rears tho? :p

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Bet you've not done the rears tho? :p

Cheers
Dave
Actually I have a rear bench seat and cubby hole etc from a Rover Streetwise as my rear seat!:p
It really suits and they have built in headrests!

I have gone my own way a bit on modding - lowered 35mm but not using ZR suspension, mix and match interior and kept the 15" wheels now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts